• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom existing photos from a previous LR app

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2017 Jul 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I lost my original LR app downloaded in 2016 All the contents are in finder, how do I transfer this info into a new LR app that I just downloaded.

The original app was not recoverable when I had the computer sanitized after a hack. !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 16, 2017 Jul 16, 2017

Don't have to be technical. Just follow these steps in a logical manner.

Try https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-move-lightroom-to-new-computer/

If you've already installed Lightroom CC 2015.10.1 on the new Mac then you're probably on step 4.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you ever purchased Lightroom? Which version?

What is the new LR app that you have just downloaded? Is that a trial version of Lightroom CC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I repurchased the regular LR desk top app and pay on a monthly basis. I just checked and found that I am still paying for the one I brought in August-September 2016.

l have the catalogue file from the original downloaded app. Im not very technical, how do reinstall it in the new downloaded LR desktop app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't have to be technical. Just follow these steps in a logical manner.

Try https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-move-lightroom-to-new-computer/

If you've already installed Lightroom CC 2015.10.1 on the new Mac then you're probably on step 4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should clarify, the catalogue, pictures etc and new app are on the same MacBook hard drive. Anything else I should know about transferring. I would think that should be easy, but guess I need more step by step s I can’t make it work. Sorry ,so frustrated.

Margaret

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So you've got a new MacBook where LR is installed and the catalog and pictures are stored?

Then it's just a matter of launching Lightroom and opening the correct catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I purchased a new LR desktop app as my computer was cleaned up after a hack. How do I put the catalogue from the original app into the new app. I was told by Geek Squad that Would need to down load any app after the clean up.

I should have checked before I purchased the new app as I’m sill paying for the first one (monthly), I can deal with Adobe later on that I guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you still have the catalog file from Lightroom? If so, you just use that when you re-install LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines