Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

confusion over photoshop versions

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2017 Jul 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi .

For work reasons I was pushed into buying a full creative cloud membership but I'm with a new company now ; the year subscription will expire  in August. I'm just curious why the photoshop I have is still the CC 2015.5 version ?.......isn't photoshop license supposed to update to the newest version as long as my membership / bundled license is paid ?

anyway...I will want to start with a single program photoshop license once my current one expires. I'm afraid to even try until the expiry is complete since the last time I tried to convert to a different bundle Adobe charged me simultaneously for 2 different instances of the same program.

Am I supposed to continually download and update to newer versions of photoshop as they come out myself or is it supposed to be automatically updating ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are always given the option to update in the Creative Cloud Desktop app. It is not done involuntarily.

However, if 2017 is offered for install, go into the advanced part of that section and opt to keep 2015. Not all your plugins may work with 2017 and you want to be able to keep 2015 until you are sure you no longer need it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another reason for no update is if you don't meet the system requirements for the new version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Log in the your account on Adobe.com and manage you subscriptions. Make sure your current subscription is not setup for automatic renewal.  You want it to expire and then get a Creative Cloud Photography subscription not a full subscription.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines