• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom is not applying my luminance/NR

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2017 Jul 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How come my images won't show up as it is shown in Lightroom? Let's say if I apply luminance for 60-100 and it looks super smooth with ZERO noise at all but when I am exporting the images, the noises appear and it is as if no changes were made. No I am not exporting with any presets. I'm provided screenshots below to show you the issue I'm experiencing. All I want to do is to have the picture saved as it is shown in lightroom.

Lightroom version: CC 2015.10.1 [ 1117303 ]

License: Creative Cloud

Operating system: Windows 10

Installed Plugins:

1) AdobeStock

2) Canon Tether Plugin

3) Facebook

4) Flickr

5) Leica Tether Plugin

6) Nikon Tether Plugin

Capture.PNGCapture 1.PNGCapture 2.PNGCapture 3.PNGCapture 4.PNGCapture 5.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Noise reduction and sharpening must be applied at 1:1 view. Fit view will be inaccurate and misleading, because the image has been scaled and resampled.

The same goes for the exported image - you must view it at 1:1 (100%) view, where one image pixel is represented by one screen pixel.

To furter complicate the issue, different applications use different algorithms (sharpening and smoothing) when scaling images.

So viewing an image at for instance 36% magnification may produce different results in t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noise reduction and sharpening must be applied at 1:1 view. Fit view will be inaccurate and misleading, because the image has been scaled and resampled.

The same goes for the exported image - you must view it at 1:1 (100%) view, where one image pixel is represented by one screen pixel.

To furter complicate the issue, different applications use different algorithms (sharpening and smoothing) when scaling images.

So viewing an image at for instance 36% magnification may produce different results in two different applications.

Since you exported the image with no resizing and no output sharpening, it should be identical to the original when both are viewed at 1:1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wait, so you're telling me what I see in develop module isn't what the picture is going to look like? I did view it in 1:1 too.

I'll give this a try when I get home!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines