Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save location of PDF files

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

where are the PDF files stored under Android 7?

Regards

AndiLeni

TOPICS
Android , Save files

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Hi All,

You can now save files locally using "Available Offline" option in the app. More info here: Working with Scanned Documents — Adobe Scan Help

Thanks,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear AndiLeni,

When you tap Save PDF in Adobe Scan, your file is automatically converted to PDF and saved to Adobe Document Cloud. You will get 5GB of free storage in Adobe Document Cloud when you sign up Adobe Document Cloud.

More information can be found at Adobe Scan FAQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer.

So the documents are not accessible on the device, f.e. to transfer it via usb, only in the cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear AndiLeni,

After saving a scanned file as a PDF file, you can share a link to the file stored in Adobe Document Cloud, share the file with other apps on your device, and email the file.

In Adobe Scan:

Untitled.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm not ok with my files being sent directly to the cloud, it would be highly appreciated if this could be changed and given as an option. Please update the application with this change added.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2017 Aug 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is ridiculous. Please, restore the old version function of saving locally. Then I can decide which file I find important to keep in the Document  Cloud and save space too. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2017 Sep 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is ridiculous.  I am really bothered by Adobe foisting this Document Cloud crap on their customers.  I thought the new Adobe Scan features were great when I learned about it, and it allowed me to eliminate an app from my phone, CamScanner.  Now Adobe has gone and ruined it by forcing cloud uploads.  While I would be OK with some of my scans being stored in the cloud, there are some that I would absolutely not want stored in the cloud.  This should be an optional feature.  The fact that you have to force people to use this feature speaks volumes.  I guess I'll be installing CamScanner again.  It seems to work a little better anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really enjoy using most Adobe products but why is every software company forcing customers to use cloud based services? I am trying to use Adobe Scan on my Samsung Note 10 and it constantly saves private files to a cloud, when I ask to download to device, it says downloaded to documents folder, I have looked and searched for the file and it is nowhere to be found on my device. I do not want to share through a link to my adobe cloud, I would like to share via an attachment. I find this so frustrating, so many people share everything to the cloud without thinking about who actually has access to it, this is such a step backwards as I always need to have an internet connection just to view my files when I would like them on my device. I have avoided using or paying for cloud based services but feel like I am being forced into sharing all my private client data with an online service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I actually found where they saves the pdf in device . I used ES file explorer pro and hit search with "adobe scan" then clicked on the deeper search and then the folder appeared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2017 Aug 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normaly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2017 Sep 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need the option of saving locally. Uninstalling for this reason alone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i agree.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also unhappy about the lack of an option to save locally. I'm also likely to uninstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

You can now save files locally using "Available Offline" option in the app. More info here: Working with Scanned Documents — Adobe Scan Help

Thanks,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2019 Jun 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Available offline is not the same like not saving in a cloud.

Uninstalled till the cloud isn't a must anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2019 Jul 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is insufficient. I need the location of the file. I need to be able to use it in other contexts than sharing, and when I do share (as in an email attachment), I need more control other than starting a new email chain. This deliberate choice to not give system-level access to the file ultimately renders this app useless. I now have to email the file to myself, and re-send just to restore the fundamental digital functionality of directories and files. This easily circumvents the deliberate hampering of the app by its creators, but I can just use another product and save a step.

As a paying customer who uses Adobe products, and who was apprehensive about the Creative Cloud rollout, behaviour like this does nothing to win me over. It confirms my initial apprehensions, and convinces me that I need to hedge against future issues by dumping the entire suite and going with something else.

Thanks for developing the pdf api. I'll make use of it elsewhere. Though it is more profitable to treat your users as captuves providing apps as a service, treating them as customers and providing a functioning paid product is ultimately more profitable than losing them. If Adobe also comes to this conclusion, I'll be happy to return.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

save to local drive please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or i´m missing something or the make available offline option is not working. I just scanned two documents and both were by default set to be made available offline but none of them shows any "available offline" badge neither could be found anywhere on the device. I toggled it off and on again, the app said it was downloading the file but again i could not find the file in my device.

Can anyone confirm?

Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree - there is NO option of directly saving a scan on device - meaning offline - you first have to automatically upload it to cloud - this is really bad - specially for business, where one travels and has a limited data package!

too bad - I liked the app, but now going aboard and not taking this risk!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Sorry for the delay in response.

When you enable the option "Available offline", the file does not get saved on the device.

Currently, there is no option to save scanned PDF locally to the device.

However, you can save the scanned images to photo gallery on your device.

Refer the steps mentioned here: Working with Scanned Documents — Adobe Scan Help.

You may try a workaround to save the scanned PDF locally though.

You can save the file on Drive or Dropbox using the "Share file" option.

Then from there, you can download the PDF to your local folder on the device.

Hope this helps.

You may share your feedback on this with the team here Scan Android Feature Request and Bug Report Form

Let us know if you need any help.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really liked this application it functions fast and effectively. Unfortunately, with no option disable automatically saving files to a cloud and no real option to save directly to a local storage this application has been uninstalled. Generally speaking when you are taking pictures of documents to convert to PDF they will have some type of sensitive information. Having this information automatically sent to a cloud service poses an extra unneeded risk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstalled the app until the option to only save locally is implemented!  Loved all the features and app EXCEPT the cloud!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2019 May 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is just making fool of people and trying to sell their Document Cloud. I am really pissed off. I scanned few pages of a document and wanted to email them but I am unable to find it anywhere - neither locally on my phone nor on Document Cloud. I tried logging out from Adobe Scan app and it gives me message that my document is still to be uploaded and I will lose it if I log out. I am uninstalling this shit app!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2019 May 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Going to use CamScanner now onwards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This only makes file available offline but it does not prevent it from being uploaded to Adobe Document Cloud. Uninstalling this app right away. There is no free lunch, and giving up my private documents for this functionality is a bad bargain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines