• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I get my Photoshop installed? Get 7Z file,not exe when downloaded Photoshop_12_LS1

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had to buy new laptop and am reinstalling my adobe products. Lightroom, no problem. When downloaded Photoshop_12_LS1, got a 7z file that doesn't open. How do I get my Photoshop installed. I have the serial number.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

You should see two files for Windows in the download area. One is the 7z, but the other is the .exe that will open the 7z and create the folder with the installer inside.

File 1 of 2 is the 7z, File 2 of 2 is the .exe  Be sure they are downloaded to the same location. Your Desktop would be best.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should see two files for Windows in the download area. One is the 7z, but the other is the .exe that will open the 7z and create the folder with the installer inside.

File 1 of 2 is the 7z, File 2 of 2 is the .exe  Be sure they are downloaded to the same location. Your Desktop would be best.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2018 Jul 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a great reply but I need some help please.

I cannot get both files to download to the same place.

The exe file has downloaded to the desktop (I think) but the other just downloads automatically I think to Programs.

I am a novice. Please would you give some precise steps how to get these files downloaded and installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2018 Jul 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then simply drag the .7z to the Desktop and run the .exe  It will then create the installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very many thanks but how do I drag the .7z to the Desktop please?

I'm also not sure that the .exe is on the Desktop either. It said it was downloading to Desktop but I have opened it and it just looks like instructions.

Thanks for help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks I've done it but not sure how.

It asked if I wanted to install 64bit or without 64bit i.e. that part blank.

I didn't know what to do so I installed both.

I see now that this PC is 64 bit and Windows 10.

Thanks for help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you only needed the 64 bit version. 32 bit versions are limited to using 4GB of memory, so if you have 8GB which is entry level these days you would not be able to address all the memory. The reason 32 bit is still supported is some very old plugins only work with 32 bit Photoshop.

Terri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks

JamesEB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines