• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is Adobe Desktop Service running?

Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having issues with LR running at a very slow speed, especially when I try to use the Adjustment brush—there is a definite time delay between using the brush and anything happening. When I checked my Activity Monitor (on a Mac), there are a whole number of Adobe related processes that are running. I'd like to know why and if I can turn them off (Adobe Desktop Service, AD47 Service Manager, CCX Process, CC Library, Core Sync, Core Sync Helper [twice], Adobe QT32 Server, Adobe IPC Broker, and Adobe Crash Daemon).

I have LR 2015.10.1 version on a Mac Pro with 20 GB RAM running OS 10.11.6.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Hi mcclynn,

As I understand that you are facing a slow performance issue with Lightroom. Please update Lightroom to CC 2015.12/6.12 update also, you may try turn off the graphics processor from the Lightroom preferences and check if that helps.

Steps for turning off the GPU

Open Lightroom > Edit menu > Preferences > Performance tab > Uncheck the GPU > Restart Lightroom.

The processes which are running in the background is important to run the creative cloud desktop app services on your machine along

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mcclynn,

As I understand that you are facing a slow performance issue with Lightroom. Please update Lightroom to CC 2015.12/6.12 update also, you may try turn off the graphics processor from the Lightroom preferences and check if that helps.

Steps for turning off the GPU

Open Lightroom > Edit menu > Preferences > Performance tab > Uncheck the GPU > Restart Lightroom.

The processes which are running in the background is important to run the creative cloud desktop app services on your machine along with its applications.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can always try disconnecting your Internet cable or disabling your network. I do that quite often when I get fed up with masses of programs all doing something that I've not asked for! I had a friend who ran LR and PS on a dedicated computer that was only connected to the internet for updates, a few times a year. He used a laptop for email etc.

You can also try disabling the CC Desktop program in your Startup folder, and just enable it again when you hear that there is an update.

Bob Frost

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your answer, Mohit. I just updated to CC 2015.12, so I'll hope that will correct any issues. I'll also try turning off the GPU if I experience the slow-down again.

Also, thank you, Bob. I'll try your suggestions as well.

I appreciate your help—both of you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines