• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Swing In and then Reverse Transition

Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to create an effect where a clipboard swings into view on top of another clip, partially covering it, and then swinging back out in reverse to the way that it swung in.  The clipboard is a PNG image file with a transparent background.

I have successfully created the Swing In effect using the Swing In transition as follows.  The clipboard swings into view as if it were hinged along the right-hand side.

Swing In.png

At the end of the Clipboard clip, I want it to swing out in the reverse, again hinging along the right-hand side.  However, I just can't seem to make it work using the Swing In or Swing Out transitions.  Is it possible to do what I'm trying to do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

This effect is probably not best achieved with a transition hybrid.

I'd recommend animating the Camera View or the Basic 3D effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This effect is probably not best achieved with a transition hybrid.

I'd recommend animating the Camera View or the Basic 3D effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Steve, I managed to achieve more or less what I was looking for using the Basic 3D effect combined with the Motion (Position) effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you please post a link to the finished video?  I'm a long time pilot and used to fly a twin with big radials for the Navy. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

whsprague  wrote

Would you please post a link to the finished video?  I'm a long time pilot and used to fly a twin with big radials for the Navy. 

Will do.  It's a tutorial video for manually starting the B-17 engines in the game B-17 Flying Fortress: The Mighty Eighth.  I'll be finishing the video tomorrow morning so it will be available on YouTube tomorrow afternoon at the latest.

I'm no pilot and this is the only flight sim game I play so I hope this doesn't come off too much as amateur hour.  I have done my best to refer to original manuals and checklists and to work around the games bugs and idiosyncrasies.

Would be very cool to get your feedback.  BTW, what exactly did you fly in the Navy?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd also love to see your video of the B-17! Please post it on YouTube and share it with Bill and me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The video is now live on YouTube - enjoy !!!  If you do have any tips on how I can improve my videos I'd love to hear them.  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a terrific video, ikr! And you used that swing-in effect very effectively.

I can't imagine, however, that, as complicated as that startup is, I'd ever get that plane off the ground!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Steve - that really means a lot coming from you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines