• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Minion Pro font has vanished from inDesign?

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I work mostly in minion pro because its the default, at least until ready to typeset everything, but a few days ago my Minion Pro has utterly vanished, meaning the majority of my WIP documents are now blank. I realize that I can go and change fonts on them manually, but I'd really rather just NOT be missing the default font. I've tried restarting and relogging in creative cloud to see if that did anything and as far as I can tell, it hasn't helped. I have no idea why the font just disappeared, and I haven't noticed any other font I regularly use go missing either.

any tips?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Hi,

Do you see the font "minion pro" present at this path... [path to Adobe InDesign application] \Resources\Required\Fonts?

You can still sync the font "minion pro" from Typekit, which will solve your problem hopefully.

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Do you see the font "minion pro" present at this path... [path to Adobe InDesign application] \Resources\Required\Fonts?

You can still sync the font "minion pro" from Typekit, which will solve your problem hopefully.

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was able to solve it!

I was unable to reinstall the minion fonts from typekit because it said they were already installed, and they werent where I thought they'd be at all, but searching C drive I was able to find them. I just deleted them there and was able to reinstall them via typekit.

Thanks for the assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines