4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 18, 2017 6:34 AM by Nexahs1138

Adobe applications not responding for lengthy time during launch

jasonh36001705 Level 1

Hello All,

I am a creative cloud subscriber that has regularly used Adobe on Mac since 2010.  I have always had to wait on Adobe apps to launch.  This typically ranged from 30 seconds to a minute for Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, you name it, to launch.  During the launch, the launch splash screen is not visible, the application "does not respond".  After a period of time, the splash screen will be visible momentarily then the app will launch.  Once I see the app, it takes another 10-15 seconds for the app to become useable (unfrozen).  Over recent months, this time has slowly ticked up till it now takes 2 minutes to launch a program into a useable state.

I am running the newest updates (as of this writing) on a 2012 MPB (see specs below).

Screen Shot 2017-07-17 at 5.17.13 PM.JPG

Additionally: 1TB Hard Drive with 250GB free, no other programs running during launch, computer connected to wall power, computer allowed to boot fully before launching any app.

Yesterday, I was at a colleagues office when he decided to show me an illustrator file on a Macbook, he woke the MBP up, clicked the Ai icon in the dock and within 10-15 seconds, he was browsing for the file in the open file dialog.  I was blown away!  So I made a comment about how he must have one awesome computer.  He shrugged it off.  After a few minutes discussion, I asked him what the specs on the computer where.  THEY PERFECTLY MATCHED MINE! down to the version of the OS. 

Is there anything I can do to speed up my launch time between apps?   Suggestions?