• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot sign in to Lightroom mobile on Mac desktop

Participant ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having big problems getting Lightroom mobile to work in Lightroom on my Mac desktop.

I commented on another forum thread but nothing has come of it to solve my problem, and maybe my problem was off-topic, so here's a fresh thread.

So I want to use Lightroom mobile.  Apart from anything else, I need it to use the web portfolio.

I'm signed in to Creative Cloud on my Mac.  I'm running Photoshop CC and Lightroom CC.

In Lightroom CC version 2015 10.1 (build 1117303), I see the message "Get started with Lightroom mobile" at the top left.  This is odd, really, because I set up Lightroom mobile some time ago.  But it certainly implies it's not working, and in Lightroom's Preferences, in the "Lightroom mobile" tab, it says "Not signed in", so I guess I need to set it up.  Again.

So I click on where it says "Get started with Lightroom mobile" at the top left.  A box appears underneath - "Sync with Lightroom mobile" and to the right, "Sign in".  So I click "Sign in".

This is where the problems begin.  A dialogue box appears in Lightroom with the title "Lightroom mobile", with fields inviting me to sign in.

Just as I go to enter my email address and password in the boxes provided, the box changes, the login fields disappear and the message "Connecting..." briefly shows; then a few seconds later, the dialog reconstitutes itself with fresh empty fields.

It seems I have to be quick, and enter my credentials before the box disappears.

But once I enter my email address, the box disappears before there's time to enter my password.

In a mad hurry I manage to enter both email address and password, and hit return, before the box changes.

But then, the dialog box disappears, then flashes back into existence with a message "Connecting...".  Then it disappears again.  This process repeats forever.  I can't use Lightroom to do anything while it's happening, because it keeps appearing and interrupting what I'm doing.

I go to quit Lightroom, thinking a restart of the application might sort things out.  But I can't quit the application.  I have to go to the macOS Activity Monitor app, and force-quit Lightroom.

Once quit, if I re-launch Lightroom, the "Get started with Lightroom mobile" message has re-appeared at the top left, and in Lightroom's Preferences, in the "Lightroom mobile" tab, it says "Not signed in" again.

If I try the whole thing again, the same thing happens, as described above.

I tried quitting Lightroom, signing out of Creative Cloud then signing back in.  But that doesn't help - the same process happens.

I've checked for app updates - I have the latest of everything.

I have no firewalls or proxies that would affect connections. I've checked my Internet connection, and it's strong and stable.

I noticed someone did a re-install of Lightroom but continued having this problem, so I'm reluctant to do that for nothing.

Does anyone know what exactly is going on here, and how I can fix it?  I'd like to use mobile and portfolio !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

The problems (connecting to Adobe Mobile and Adobe Stock) went away after I did something with the Mac Keychain Access app.  I wish I knew exactly what I did, but I don't.  Adobe support told me that the problem was therefore likely due to "authorization" and that in such a case one should "give permission to all Adobe folders in User library & hidden library".  I'm not entirely sure how that is done, but at least the connections are now working, and I have some sort of handle on how to fix them

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd really appreciate some help with this !

I can't use Adobe Mobile or Adobe Stock because they both think I'm not signed in to Creative Cloud.

Trying to use "Get started with Adobe Mobile" at top left shows the "Connecting..." window, described above, which flickers in and out of existence but never gets anywhere and never goes away (thus preventing me from using Lightroom, and often preventing me from being able to quit it).

Adobe Stock just won't upload anything, saying "Upload failed. For the Adobe Stock plug-in to be active, you must be signed in to Creative Cloud".

But I am signed in to Creative Cloud: the CC app in my menubar shows me as logged in, and Lightroom's Help menu has a selection showing that I'm logged in and inviting me to log out if I want.  Besides, the apps wouldn't work if I wasn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you try the steps from this thread...Re: Can't log into Lightroom mobile on Mac.

In addition please double check if the issue still occurs to your with the new Lr Desktop version which we released yesterday.

Hope this helps.

Guido

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated Lightroom to the new version (CC 2015.12) just now, but the problems remain exactly as I described them above.

The thread you mention was describing a problem where the person couldn't update.

So what do I do now ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled Lightroom with the CC app and reinstalled it, but the problems remain just the same.

Can I have some help here please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problems (connecting to Adobe Mobile and Adobe Stock) went away after I did something with the Mac Keychain Access app.  I wish I knew exactly what I did, but I don't.  Adobe support told me that the problem was therefore likely due to "authorization" and that in such a case one should "give permission to all Adobe folders in User library & hidden library".  I'm not entirely sure how that is done, but at least the connections are now working, and I have some sort of handle on how to fix them should they arise again.  Hope this might be of some help to others who may be experiencing this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having trouble "having access" on my mac to my lightroom account

I have tried to sign in to my account on the macbook lightroom app and it lets me put my email and password. Once i hit enter, it tells me i do not have access. I am able to sign into my account on a web browser and my phone so I'm not sure how to resolve this issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having trouble "having access" on my mac to my lightroom account

I have tried to sign in to my account on the macbook lightroom app and it lets me put my email and password. Once i hit enter, it tells me i do not have access. I am able to sign into my account on a web browser and my phone so I'm not sure how to resolve this issue. 

By @Ariel2878193847oc

Please pleas please, create your own post.

'Why?

• The above post is 6 years old, unlikely to attract many members that might help
  • The above post was Solved, so not likely to be still an issue, not likely to attract members to help
  • The above post is for a no longer supported version of Lightroom. Unlikely your problem relates
  • The above post was about the old Mobile component, nothing to do with your problem

When you post your problem, include at least the following:

• Your Lightroom Classic version. V12.2?
  • Your computers Operating System, MACOS? Windows?
  • Your OS version, 
  • Info on your CPU
  • Info on your GPU (might have nothing to do with this issue)
  • Your problem description
  • What you are doing that brings up the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines