Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Camera Raw Not Up-to-date

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have recently bought a Sony A7S Mark II and RX100 V, but I couldn't edit their raw files in Lightroom CC.

The latest camera raw should support these camera as I can open it in my Photoshop CC 2017 but I cannot edit the raw file in Lightroom CC.

The Lightroom showing Camera Raw version is 9.0 and I have no clues how to update it. The Creative Cloud showed that all apps are already updated to its latest version and still cannot help.

I have tried nearly all methods (uninstalling and re-install / AdobeCreativeCloudCleaner Tool /  Installing from direct download link lightroom/ Install the Camera raw 9.10.1 update).

I'm very hopeless now that I am unable to deal with these raw in lightroom......can anyone help??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

If Lightroom says that Camera Raw isn't up to date then it's Lightroom that is not up to date because Lightroom does not use the Camera Raw plug-in. That technology is built into the Lightroom program. When you look at the "About" screen in Lightroom and it cites a Camera Raw version, it is simply indicating the version that it is compatible with. You need to update Lightroom in order to get things fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Lightroom, use Help->Updates; or go to

Download Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to download and install it directly but it doesn't work.
The help -> update button is greyed out.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, did you found a solution ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I provided the exact link to use to download the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If Lightroom says that Camera Raw isn't up to date then it's Lightroom that is not up to date because Lightroom does not use the Camera Raw plug-in. That technology is built into the Lightroom program. When you look at the "About" screen in Lightroom and it cites a Camera Raw version, it is simply indicating the version that it is compatible with. You need to update Lightroom in order to get things fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines