• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to roll back to a more decent version of DW [was: I hate the latest DW]

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using DW for many, many years, probably something like 10 years.

I always loved it. I just recently changed laptop and decided to start using the subscription version of DW CC (previously I was still using one of the versions where you could just buy a licence).

This new version however I can't use. I list here my problems, maybe it's just me but I can't see how to fix them and I don't understand how anyone could accept to use this software:

- The code and design views get out of sync

- The I select an html tag, it selects the entire tag and its corresponding closing tag even though and the selection is blue which hides the cursor behind it which is also blue.

- Sometimes I copy text and it copies some other text from a random location

- I have an i7 generation 7 with SSD disk and 8MB ram and yet using Dreamweaver makes the CPU fan on all the time

All these things are driving me crazy and I can't find a way to fix them.

Is it possible to roll back to a more decent version of DW, I think 6 was a good one of the fist CC one?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

From Creative Cloud Desktop App.

Click on Apps > All Apps > VIEW PREVIOUS VERSIONS.  See screenshot.

CC-DesktopApp.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From Creative Cloud Desktop App.

Click on Apps > All Apps > VIEW PREVIOUS VERSIONS.  See screenshot.

CC-DesktopApp.jpg

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alex,

I apologize for your frustration. I will share your post with the team for their observations. Meanwhile, do use the solution provided by Nancy as a workaround solution.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the answers. I have installed DW CC 2014.1 and am happy again.

I hope you fix the issues in CC 2017 in the next version. I think the UI in 2014.1 is way cleaner, the colours are better and the software is faster and more agile to work with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank You for the feedback.

Can you please give us more details so that we can work on mitigating these issues:

1.  The code and design views get out of sync

- Can you confirm if you see some Linting errors? If you do then both Design and Live views might get out of sync.

2. The I select an html tag, it selects the entire tag and its corresponding closing tag even though and the selection is blue which hides the cursor behind it which is also blue.

- Which one of the themes are you using, all users have different color preferences and so to fulfill everyone's we have a lot of themes in Preferences->Interface to apply. You can try using those. We have received a lot of positive feedback on our available Code Themes.

3. Sometimes I copy text and it copies some other text from a random location

- We have some users who have been reporting this, but as per the latest update of Dw 17.5 we have not been able to see this in-house. If you have any set of files where this is happening or some reproducible steps, then that would be really helpful.

4. I have an i7 generation 7 with SSD disk and 8MB ram and yet using Dreamweaver makes the CPU fan on all the time

- We are aware of some background processes which are spiking CPU usage, and we are working on the fix. Hopefully this will get fixed in the later releases.

Regards,

Niharika Gupta

Adobe Dreamweaver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that the BIG problem is that after nearly a year since the launch of Muse Editor (aka DW 2017), Adobe didn't even understand because the people (especially the old customers) hate it and ask every time explanations about return back to the old versions.

Adobe, please... listen me (not Ben, Nancy or other ACP users)... throws into the trash DW 2017 and return to work with an update (2018) using the previous stable version (CS6) as a starting point... or create a legacy configuration (with the same editor style colors, with the missing features as css apply source formatting, server behaviours, etc.).

You can't pretend that the people that use Dreamweaver for over ten years to change immediately the way to work, you need to create  "incremental" updates.

In this way, you may also be able to retrieve many old extensions developers (as WebAssist, Linecraft, etc.) and not only DMXzone (the extensions are the killer features of Dreamweaver).

Otherwise you have to change the name of the software so that people that download it, know to use something completely new and still under development (DW 2017 is still a beta version).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IronADDT​

you have made many posts about Dw and even though i do agree with some of your comments, i do not agree with them all.

One thing would interest me though is, 'have you ever joined and actively taken part in the Dw pre-release program'?

As someone who will never, ever join the Dw pre-release again, at least i have done so and have tried to change the direction Dw is moving, and get features incorporated, but being in a very small minority i achived nothing, i have at least tried though and have now given up on doing so. I can say that unless many more users such as yourself join the pre-release nothing will ever change.

Most pre-release, (and many CAB) members are happy with the direction Dw development is taking, so unless you and many more who are not happy join, complaining in this forum is, (to quote the borg) futile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Partecipate to DW pre-release program it's useless if Adobe not listen the users.

DW direction is completely wrong and I think that you, Ben, Nancy and others ACP given to Adobe the wrong suggestions.

You, Ben, Nancy wants an Muse Editor (not more Dreamweaver) and Adobe listened you.

I always updated Dreamweaver to the new versions, except the latest (2017).... it's impossibile to use, that's it!

Only DMXzone now create extensions for Dreamweaver  and this should be a "source" of reflection for Adobe.

I'm sorry to create hostility in this forum but now I think it's time to use the hammer before it's too late.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may use a hammer, but without a nail you have nothing to hit.

If you ask any of those people you mention, they will all tell you NOTHING i have ever asked for has been incorporated into Dw, and many of those features they have also ask for. The simple fact is i see you complaining but doing nothing except asking for features to be re-introduced that are years out of date.

Even server behaviours you want mysqli, when most php developers are using pdo. You are not creating hostility, quite the opposite, but you are doing nothing constructive to move Dw forward. What about a php de-bugger?

Yes, the pre-release is a complete and utter waste of time, but that is because users like yourself do not join. It takes at least 2-3 years to get a feature introduced, but it also requires hundreds of users to support that feature. One of the reasons i think pre-release is a waste of time is as you say, 'no one is listening', and that will continue unless more users who want change join the pre-release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pziecina  ha scritto

... for features to be re-introduced that are years out of date.

You're right... good luck Adobe! Listen pziecina (and others ACP) and you'll give to DW a great future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IronADDT​

here is the link for you, (or anyone else interested) to join the Dw pre-release -https://www.adobeprerelease.com

If you do not join, then everything you write in this forum is just 'hot air' with no substance. Maybe joining will help you understand why the comments you make about others are not valid, and that making changes are not as easy as you appear to think.

Also if you do join and i do not see any worthwhile changes, (in my opinion) in Dw, then in 2 years time expect me to make the same comments about you, that you now make about others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about a php de-bugger?

Despite the naughty word, I am in full agreeance.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

IronADDT  wrote

I think that you, Ben, Nancy and others ACP given to Adobe the wrong suggestions.

You, Ben, Nancy wants an Muse Editor (not more Dreamweaver) and Adobe listened you.

That is patently WRONG!  And I don't appreciate having words put in my mouth.  I have never ever once implied or suggested that DW should be anything like Muse.  Why would I?   Muse is a mediocre code generator.  I don't use it nor will I ever use it. 

If you don't like the direction DW is taking, either join the pre-release program and make your views known there or find another editor.   Don't blame me or other ACPs.  It's not our decision.

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines