2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 2, 2017 8:14 PM by Kevin-Monahan

Adjust Path With Bezier

LegoNut6 Level 1

I've just started using Cinema 4D Lite which came with After Effects. I'm trying to warp an image I imported. I used an Illustrator 8 file like I was told and placed an extrude on each path and just set it to 0cm so I could have a sort of solid fill. Hopefully that isn't my problem. As you can see from the screen shot, I'm trying to bend them the way I have the Bezier bent. I thought it would work like everything else in that subdivision surface but it doesn't. Is it possible to do what I am trying to do with this program? (on windows 10)

After Effects.jpg

• 1. Re: Adjust Path With Bezier
          Jose Panadero Adobe Community Professional

Hi LegoNut6

With the LITE version, I think what you need is to use the FFD Deformer but not sure that is included in LITE version (I cannot check right now). Anyway, one of the problems is that Extrude is not generating quadrangles in the front cap of your extrude object, so you will need to go to the CAPS tab into the Extrude, then change Type from N-Gons to Quadrangles and check the Regular Grid Option. This way, you will have more polygons on the cap to deform the surface as you need. Check the Screen capture and try to imitate the hierarchy of my project.

The second way to do this is to convert the Extrude to an editable object (Press C) and move the required points in z-axis (you have to do the same with the extrude caps as in the previous example).

Captura de pantalla 2017-07-19 a las 0.36.43.png

• 2. Re: Adjust Path With Bezier
            Kevin-Monahan Adobe Employee

Hi Legonut6,

Sorry for this issue. Did you ever find a solution? Please let us know if our experts’ advice helped you or if you still need help.

Thanks,

Kevin