• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I downloaded the new CR today....

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now my Photoshop crashes every time I try to open a jpeg file. This never happened before with all the other updates. Is this just me or is this happening to anybody else with this update?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No such problem on my W10 system.

Richard Southworth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My jpegs are loading, but with a very weird hue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update - If I import the photo to LR and open it from there whether it is a smart object or not it opens no problem. BUT, if I open the photo from my desktop or outside of LR it crashes. It doesn't matter if I open the file from PS  or right-click on the file and click open with Photoshop. So it seems that I have to import to Lightroom first.  No more down and dirty edits with photos I was going to throw away later anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Windows 10, no problem here. Have you turned off graphics processor in the Camera Raw preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a Mac. I tried both checking and unchecking "use Graphics processor" and it still crashes if I open a file without using LR. I also upped my Raw cache size from 1 GB to 10. No  joy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I solved it. After thinking I could revert back to an earlier time before the update with TM and finding that my PS reverted to CS6 and I couldn't open CC i just reinstalled CC and now it seems to be working as normal.  After just 1 more crash that is.  So it seems that when something doesn't work after an update you should reinstall and see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you re-install Camera Raw 9.12 after re-installing Photoshop CC? If you still see a crash opening a JPEG, can you provide a link to the JPEG file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've uninstalled PS CC and LR and reinstalled both. The one jpeg that it happens to all the time whether I open it from within Photoshop or from double-clicking it on my desktop. It happens to others as well but this is th one it happens to consistently. At the Camera Raw entry on my Creative Cloud App it says uninstall not available. It's still not solved. I jumped the gun up there. It worked for a while but I guess I didn't try every scenario. I must have sent at least a dozen crash reports with the latest having comments.  I worked something else out as well. When i send a copy from LR to edit it works okay but if I tick edit original it crashes too.

IMG_1324.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is the "bad" JPEG, could you provide a link to the file in Dropbox or similar where it can be downloaded so that we can try it on our computer? Just looking at the image isn't going to enable us to provide much help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what to tell you. I was able to open it in Camera Raw on my computer.

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand then. It started with trying to crop someone's image from FB to show them a different crop and when I tried to open it directly from FB it crashed. I tried other  jpegs and they crashed as well. Now after reinstalling PS and CR the other file works but this one crashes.

How do I revert my Camera Raw back as another person has said he did? I want to try that to see if it works. I tried Time Machine but that just screwed things up to where I had to reinstall PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is crazy weird. Now it works. Might be temporary though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just gone back to v.9.10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide a link to an example of a file that opened with "weird hue?" Did you happen to take a screenshot of what this looked like?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was gadget13769

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I didn't screenshot the hue problem. I tried a few restarts, but no dice, so I got the old v9.10 off the website (Camera Raw installer for Adobe Photoshop CC and CS6) and installed that. Now all is working fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gadget13769​ just curious though you wouldn't happened to have installed a disk cleaner type program like MacTuneup or another one similar for WIndows? This is the only change I've made and I'm kind of not happy with it because it deleted my tabs in my browser even though I set for it not to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. I only installed the latest updates to Lightroom and ACR yesterday, as prompted by the Creative Cloud desktop app (Windows).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you revert back?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can download a standalone installer for the last version, 9.10.1 here:

Camera Raw installer for Adobe Photoshop CC and CS6

Did you see a prompt after the crash to send a crash report to Adobe? If you do, please send it.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw a prompt to send to Apple. Didn't see one to send to Adobe.Screen Shot 2017-07-19 at 12.04.13 AM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe crash reporter usually shows up after the Apple one. If you didn't see it, it might be hidden behind other windows. The Adobe crash reporter doesn't show up in the Dock or Application Switcher, so if there are a lot of windows open the easiest way to find it is to show all open windows using Mission Control.

At least on my MacBook Pro, it's important to find that Adobe crash reporter window and close it. Because as long as it's left open it will keep the discrete GPU active, possibly draining the battery faster than necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll remember to look for it next time but I don't recall ever seeing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines