Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hasselblad H5D 50c files wildly different in lightroom cc to Phocus

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've just upgraded from Nikon to an H5d 50c, I've been using Lightroom for organising the Nikon files and still do, but I'd like to use it for the Hasselblad too as Phocus is much less intuitive, but the way each piece of software interprets each file is wildly different. I have installed the Hasselblad tether plugin but cannot see a way to tell if the true colour system is working in Lightroom cc or not?

I know programs give varying results but I understood that Hasselblad shared their profiles with Adobe so expected them to at least be similar, so if it's not a setting or something I need to change, I'll just carry on with Phocus as it's not a huge issue.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

See this note for your specific Hasselblad camera model below. Not sure if this causing your problem, but good to know.

H5D-50c3FR, FFF
(** see note)

Note:

** Hasselblad FFF files created by the Hasselblad Phocus software for currently supported models are also supported. FFF files created using the FlexColor software are not supported.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are your settings in the Camera Calibration panel? Are there any Hasselblad profiles?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the fast reply John,

There are only options for Camera Standard and Embedded, but they are almost indiscernible from each other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may just be seeing a difference between the two raw converters' default treatment. If you adjust the files in LR, you may be able to come up with your own default. That would be my approach.

Or you may need to find someone with specific knowledge of Hasselblad. Have you tried Hasselblad user forums?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See this note for your specific Hasselblad camera model below. Not sure if this causing your problem, but good to know.

H5D-50c3FR, FFF
(** see note)

Note:

** Hasselblad FFF files created by the Hasselblad Phocus software for currently supported models are also supported. FFF files created using the FlexColor software are not supported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, thanks. So I guess that the file I get when I shoot to a card is a different file than when I shoot tethered to phocus.

I guess I'll do some tests with both to see the differences.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines