• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat X Pro vs. Acrobat DC - Cut/copy/paste of text boxes

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm running into a fundamental change between the two products. TO BE CLEAR - NEITHER PRODUCT IS READER - These are full versions.

In Acrobat X Pro, I was able to select several text boxes at a time. I would enter the five text boxes onto the page, select them, copy them and paste them onto a new document.

In Acrobat DC, If I select a text box, the cursor immediately shifts to and I bar for highlighting the individual text, not allowing me to select the text box itself.

As the images below show, the DC Pro on the left only places the I cursor in the text box (second row, the red 8:00).

The second image to the right allows for the 3 text boxes to be selected, copied and pasted into a new document.

how do I select the text boxes in Acrobat DC pro?

acrobat DC selection.png acrobat X selection.png

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am able to make a multiple item selection in Acrobat Pro DC, but it's very particular in how & where one clicks to make the selection.  I find that you must click on the text box's edge only.  If you click in the middle of the text object, it jumps to the I-beam text cursor.  If you click just on the edge, it should allow you to select the object, and then multiple select text boxes. I was able to copy & paste elsewhere using this method.

I hope this is helpful.

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand you comments and this was the process using Acrobat X.  Below is a video showing Acrobat DC automatically changing to the I bar when selecting the outer portion of the text box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the video. What operating system are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, I think I see the behavior as well: You are using a text annotation, and not a text box annotation (at least that's when I can see the same broken behavior). I tried it with a text box annotation, I can select multiple text boxes, but when I switch to a text annotation (the one without the box around it), I cannot select more than one. When I go back to Acrobat X, it does indeed work, when I use Acrobat XI, it's broken as well. You may want to report a bug here: Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very curious behavior!  Mine does not do this.  I am curious as to what happens when you make the select by dragging a box around the object(s).

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just highlights the area as if it is trying to do a screen capture.

BTW, I have this issue on 2 different computers. 

One is a Lenovo Yoga with Win 8.1 and one is a Surface with Win 10.

Both behave the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2019 Feb 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem in Acrobat Pro 2017 on Win10 and it's sure put a major kink in how I annotate a PDF.  But I think it may be a feature rather than a bug 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines