• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 9- Manually editing questions

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure how to word what i'm trying to ask properly but here goes..

Some of my answer choices are longer than others. There for, I'm manually having to guess how far apart I'm needing to space them out from each other.

My answers shuffle. Seems If i don't space them out just right they clash unto each other after being shuffled.

so I'm manually adding each question and answer per slide. Is there a way around this?

I find myself manually doing a lot of things when I feel there may be a workaround..

Thanks,

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Formatting question slides is very manual. Reason is that you cannot resize the individual answer containers in the Quizzing Master slides. Only the Answer area can be resized. Please, please, log a feature request to have this changed in a future release!

My work flow for long answers that are used with shuffling answers:

• Make the answer area in the Quizzing master slide larger. You can move and resize the feedback messages to free up some space.
  • Resize the longest answer container on the quiz slide so that the answer fits well. Font size could be reduced if necessary (be sure to edit the style of the answer, so that it will be the same for all answers)
  • Push the first answer as high as possible in the Answer area, and the last as low as possible.
  • Select all answers, start with the one you have resized and use the right-click menu to resize all to the same size
  • Use that same right-click menu to distribute the answers vertically.

It is even worse for responsive projects, at least if you design with Breakpoint views, because you have to repeat that manually resizing for each breakpoint view. It is a little bit easier in CP2017 with Fluid Boxes work flow, but nevertheless... look at this article;

Tips for 'Fluid' Quiz Slides - Captivate blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for the feedback!

It is so tedious to do everything manually!

I was hoping i was missing something.

It's a very long process when you get to developing a test that is 100 questions log and 5 sections.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could also duplicate a well formatted quiz slide. Please log a feature

request, this formatting issue got worse since CP6.

On Jul 20, 2017 2:17 PM, "melissar67446280" <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources