• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Managing a Large Project

Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will be utilizing Captivate 9 to redo an e-learning that because of its size took too long to load. For the new e-learning, I'd like to break the workflows into separate Captivate files & make them accessible via a Table of Contents.

Please advise the best way to accomplish this e.g. Do I publish the files separately & place them in one folder? Can I use a Captivate generated TOC or do I need to create my own TOC?

Any advice you can give as to how to simplify creation of this project would be most appreciated!

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you use a LMS? Are those SCO's?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This particular project will be not use our LMS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No SCO's in that case. Did you look at the Aggregator?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 22, 2017 Jul 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

You can either use Multi-SCORM packager, see here: How to package multiple SCOs using the Adobe Multi-SCORM Packager  OR Aggregator (for SWF projects only), see here: How to combine multiple SWF files with aggregator

You can also link the projects as explained here: How to link Adobe Captivate projects

Let me know if this helps. Also, if there are any followup questions you have.

Thanks,

A Captivate Enthusiast

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Multi-Scorm packager has no sense, since the OP replied that no LMS will be used.

Aggregator is only fine for SWF output.

I would personally create a 'main project' that acts as a dashboard and links to the subprojects, or choose for daisy-chaining if the sequence has to be imposed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We had a recent requirement for a similar circumstance.   The approach we took was straightforward.  A "toc" module with buttons & links to other the other modules, and each module had links back to the toc module.   In our case,  every slide had a "return to main" menu button.  if all of the modules were in the same master directory,  the URL links were purely relative,  meaning that the toc button links looked something like  "../module_1/index.html"    and the link back looked like "../main_toc/index.html"

The only part that couldn't be accomplished without some clever behind-the-scenes javascript was the ability to show a "visited" mark by modules that had been viewed in the TOC.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources