Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Separating two shows in Audition CC.

Participant ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a podcast and at the same time now have new radio show that I am editing under one Audition window. How do I create two on the same laptop without spending a fortune?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 23, 2017 Jul 23, 2017

No you open them as separate sessions in the same single instance of Audition. You don't run two separate copies of Audition at the same time. That would likely cause crashes if you try to use the same audio in each opened copy of Audition.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about Multitrack sessions or just two audio files? I don't quite follow what you are trying to do. Could you explain your workflow a bit more please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am talking about having Audition CC for one show and another Audition CC for the podcast. Otherwise, same software split in two. It's all in one right now, and it crash because of too many files in one.

I guess in away that I am wording it is how to pin two different shows in Audition in Windows 10. So that I know where to click when I am working on one or the other. How do I do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not entirely clear about what you have set up, however...

If it helps, do all your editing (and mixing if you're in multitrack) on both files.  If you're in Multitrack, use the File/Export/Multitrack Mixdown to convert it all to a single/stereo track.  If you're working in Waveform view just save it all as one big file.

Once you have that, then highlight the first podcast/programme and use Edit/Copy to New.  This will give you one of you projects by itself which you can "Save As" with whatever new title you want.  Then you can either go back to the original, highlight the second part and Edit/Copy to New again--or you could delete the part you've already copied.

If I've misread your problem, give some more details and I'll try to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am working on both a podcast and a show at the same time on the same software. It crashed because there were too many files for both. I am wondering how to pin Audition or something like that on Window 10 so that I can work on both at the same time but separately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 22, 2017 Jul 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Audition shouldn't crash because of too many files, not unless you had thousands of them open at one time anyway. How many files was 'too many' in your case?

There is no reason why you cannot have several sessions or files open in Audition at one time. You can just switch between them by double clicking on the .sesx or .wav file in the Files panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As ryclark says, the number of tracks shouldn't cause a crash unless you have a huge number of tracks or a very slow connection to your HDD>

However, what CAN start to cause problems is using a lot of effects, especially ones that use a lot of processing power.  As an experiment, you might try pre-rendering any tracks that you have almost finished.  You do this with the little lightning bolt symbol at the bottom of the effect rack for each track.  You can still go back and change things, then hit the pre render if you need to.   Anyway might be worth a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

It wasn't a thousands of files. I have a radio show that is 2 hours long and a podcast that is 45 minutes. So I do I put the .sesx as separate windows in Windows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 23, 2017 Jul 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No you open them as separate sessions in the same single instance of Audition. You don't run two separate copies of Audition at the same time. That would likely cause crashes if you try to use the same audio in each opened copy of Audition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines