Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Illustrator keep crashing & hang frequently

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe Support,

I have been facing this problem for sometimes and once it crash or hang when i try to relaunch the application it wont start.

i tried end task the program able to kill some but i realize there's 1 with high memory usage and unable to end task it the only way is to restart the PC

Troubleshoot step i done :

1. Reformat the whole OS [ Clean Install ]
  2. Clean install illustrator by adobe creative cloud & update the program to the latest
  3. Just run the application itself only
  4. Changed the Scratch Disk to a empty internal SSD

I am using Lenovo T460p Windows 7 64Bit & Nvidia 940MX

Please help thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Are you saying Illustrator.exe is the name of the process with high memory usage? That process needs to be running, but appears to be  working harder than needed.

How is your Adobe Cloud running, as that is needed to be running for Adobe apps to function properly.

Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app doesn't open or shows a spinning progress wheel

How does this run if you turn of GPU acceleration. Ctrl E will toggle this, and look after your filename to see what mode you are in.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe occasionally visits the forums, but most of us here are Adobe Users who enjoys helping others and keeping up on current issues.

Can we see a screenshot of the process you have running with the one you cannot quit. Was this process there before you reformatted and reinstalled?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes the process is there before & after format / clean install adobe Illustrator

Illustrator.exe on task manager tried to end task but seems like no response and its using quite high resource

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any help on this anyone ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying Illustrator.exe is the name of the process with high memory usage? That process needs to be running, but appears to be  working harder than needed.

How is your Adobe Cloud running, as that is needed to be running for Adobe apps to function properly.

Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app doesn't open or shows a spinning progress wheel

How does this run if you turn of GPU acceleration. Ctrl E will toggle this, and look after your filename to see what mode you are in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please Help. What Error In Picture?

messageImage_1522742264985.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

natthanuchc28784640  schrieb

Please Help. What Error In Picture?

messageImage_1522742264985.jpg

Does it crash?

If not, then your problem is not related to this thread.

Try View > Preview on CPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines