Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reduced audio quality in rendered video

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody,

I'm new to After Effects and I've been using After Effects CC 2014 to render a music video with multiple video effects such as an audio spectrum visualization. The video quality of the rendered master file is superb! But regarding the most important part of a music video I've got a problem.. The audio of the rendered master file sounds worse then the audio file I used in the After Effects project.

I've read that you're supposed to use .wav audioformats in After Effects projects and so I've converted the original .mp3 file to a .wav file and used that in my project instead, but even then I keep on having this problem with the audio quality. The original audio file is 48000hz and 16 bit. I've tried rendering to .avi and .mov (Quicktime, DNxHD codec) both with audio set at 48000hz and 16 bit. The .avi master file sounds slightly better, yet worse then the original .mp3 and .wav files.

Does anybody know how to resolve this problem? If more information is needed, just ask. Resolving this problem would mean a lot!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tell us your exact render settings, provide screenshots of the timeline, ideally with teh waveform visible, give us a link to the output file. Presumably you're simply using a default preset that converts the sample rate and you may need to tweak your output settings. Conversely, a simple misinterpretation of the source file, a wrong framerate and so on can cause resampling. Same if you inadvertently stretched the audio. There's jsut too many possibilities and we definitely need to know more.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mylenium. I'm currently away from home, but I'll try to provide all the mentioned information tonight. Regarding a link to the output file, how would I do that? The output files are pretty large!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use any file sharing service like Dropbox or upload an encoded version to YouTube or similar services as an unlisted video and post the links here.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Render settings:

Dropbox - Render 1.png

Dropbox - Render 2.png

Dropbox - Render 3.png

Project audio file:

Dropbox - 367_ID_Ik hou van alle foeten 2008.mp3 (.mp3)

Dropbox - 367_ID_Ik hou van alle foeten 2008.wav (.wav)

Output file (encoded to H.264 YouTube 1080p HD):

Vindicat atque Polit - Ik hou van alle foeten Foetenmusical 2008 - YouTube

I hope this covers all the information you've asked for Mylenium! Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jansenzoon,

Sorry for this issue. Did you ever find a solution? Please let us know if our experts’ advice helped you or if you still need help.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines