• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Icons disappear when moved to second monitor

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I drag a PDF file to my second monitor the Adobe Icon disappears (I am left with just the description of the file)

If I move it back to the original screen it re appears.

If I create a copy on the second monitor the icon appears as normal (I then delete the first one and rename the copy to the original name)

This is not happening to every PDF file,some seem to drag across fine but certain ones will not display the icon

I have checked my screen properties and they are identical as are make a model of the both screens

I tried the repair option but that did not work I also tried renaming a dragged file but that did not work ether.

Any thoughts?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem. It only happens with PDFs. Very weird. It would be great if anyone could solve this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2024 Apr 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CLearly not new! Still happening...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 11, 2024 Apr 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there 

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that

What is the version of the OS and Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 24.01.20643 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also try to repair the installation from the help menu (Win Only) and see if that works.

Please try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://adobe.ly/3Q0qO34 and check

Additionally, please check the similar discussion that I have found: https://adobe.ly/3Q0rPIt and see if that works for you.

Let us know how it goes.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines