• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Avoid the extension of previous frames

Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All, I know this look like a novice question, but I still haven't found any solution about that...

If I Move some frames in animate CC (2017), the previous frames are automatically extended, see the picture.

Does anyone know a method to stop it? it's a new feature that should I ask to be put in the new version as preferences?

Thanks

Luca

Moving Frames.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

use edit>cut (or ctrl-x)/with edit>paste (or ctrl-v) after selecting those frames to 'cut' them.  i think that will do what you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

those previous frames aren't inserted after moving.  they already are in your layer.   you just override them with the frames you're about to move.

if you were moving the last frames of that layer you would see no frames are added to that layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, Klag,

Yes, I'm aware of the fact that the frames were already there. As you say, the frames aren't  added because the were already there, correct.

But unfortunately I've not understood you last sentence sorry:

..."if you were moving the last frames of that layer you would see no frames are added to that layer."...

can You explain to me again please :)? (English is not my first language and sometimes I get lost in translation :))

what I'm trying to do is move keyframes and leave blank keyframes in place. So I don't need to come back and add press F7 to add manually an empty keyframe

Many thanks for you help

Luca

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

use edit>cut (or ctrl-x)/with edit>paste (or ctrl-v) after selecting those frames to 'cut' them.  i think that will do what you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok thanks, Kglad, I'll follow your suggestion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After the move, if the previous key frame got extended you can select the frame where it shouldn't exist and use F7 to insert a blank keyframe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines