2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 20, 2017 7:53 AM by c.pfaffenbichler

Photoshop Steps to “inserts a select RGB channel”

iaustin2 Level 1

Hello,

New to Photoshop CC.  Can someone provide step by step instructions on how to..."insert a select RGB channel."

i Am trynig to fix an Actions error... "The command “Make” is not currently available."

Thank You

IAustin

• 1. Re: Photoshop Steps to “inserts a select RGB channel”
          Stephen_A_Marsh Adobe Community Professional

Hi iaustin2 –

Have an RGB image open.

Go to channels panel and select a single channel, either the red, green or blue.

Next hit record on your action, with the action at the appropriate step.

Click on the RGB composite channel.

Stop recording.

That being said, the problem could be elsewhere, we may need to see more of the action steps. What is the step in the action prior to the error message?

For example, what I think you need to do is load a selection from the RGB composite channel, which is different to what I previously described… So:

Have an RGB image open.

Next hit record on your action, with the action at the appropriate step.

CMD/CTRL + Click on the RGB composite channel.

Stop recording.

The first method targets (or selects) the RGB channel, while the second method loads a selection off the luminosity values of the RGB channel, which are two different things, which depending on the language used may be easily confused.

• 2. Re: Photoshop Steps to “inserts a select RGB channel”
            c.pfaffenbichler Level 9

Could you please post a screenshot taken with the pertinent Panels (Layers, Channels, Options Bar, …) and the expanded Action in the Actions Panel visible?