• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyboard shortcut to change bookmark to current page

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a kb shortcut to associate the current page you're on with the bookmark you just clicked?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I am understanding your question correctly, you can assign any Bookmark's destination on the fly by right-clicking on the bookmark, and choosing Set Destination.  Something to keep in mind - a bookmark points to a View, not a page.  A view is defined as a location at a specific magnification.  So if you plan to set a bookmark's intended target, you should have exactly what you want your audience to see when they click on the bookmark set just right in your view before issuing the Set Destination command.

You can also edit a bookmark's destination by right clicking on the bookmark and choose Properties...   Explore the Actions tab to see what options are there.

I hope this is helpful.

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As for a keyboard shortcut, my keyboard has a dedicated right-click key.  If a bookmark is highlighted, I can press the right-click key, and tap the 'A' key.  This will initiate the Set Destination routine.

bookmarks1.jpg

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same question. Like the OP, I want to find a shortcut to set the destination for a given bookmark (any bookmark I want). Is this possible or scriptable. Acrobat DC PRo, Monterey latest version. Thanks.

In the mac version the letters do not show as underlined. That would be a good help for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it's not scriptable, because a script has no way of knowing what bookmark you have selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fine. Is it otherwise doable? If the Mac version recognized a letter as the PC version did ('a' for Set destination), I could make a macro with keyboardmaestro that would perform the set destination command for any bookmark I need. But I cannot find a way to get the options to show usking KbM. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

and it looks like no key command will make it happen natively in Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines