• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Glitch? Using "find font" feature adds rogue color to palette

Explorer ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a bizarre one. I am finished with a layout and cleaning up my file. My usual checklist is to clean up unused colors in the palette, clean up unused character and paragraph styles and then last, to check "find font" and see what rogue fonts are in my document. So I just brought up the "find font" feature and without doing anything more, InDesign adds a new color to my palette C=0 M=100 Y=100 K=0. So basically, red. It is the weirdest thing! Why is it adding red to my palette just to search for fonts? Of course I can go back and delete the color no problem but why is it doing this? It makes me suspect my InDesign is being buggy!

Thanks for any help.

Heidi

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Nevermind, it was user error. GAH! I was loading by clicking on the templated document rather than loading the swatch file (.ase). I'm not sure why I spaced on that. Glad the swatches are normal now! HA!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try deleting your InDesign preferences.

To do so:

For Macintosh Users: With InDesign closed launch a Finder Window in column view and click on your home folder. With the Option Key pressed choose Library from the Finder Go Menu. Within the Library folder find the following two files and delete them: “Adobe InDesign” and “com.adobe.InDesign.plist”. When InDesign is next launched it will create new preference files and the program will be restored to its defaults.

After you’ve reset up the program (make sure that no document window is open) to your liking, it is a really good idea to create copies of your personalized “mint” preference files (make sure that you quit the program before copying them—that finalizes your customization) and use them in the future to replace any corrupt versions you may need to delete.

For Windows Users: Hold down Ctrl + Alt + Shift when launching InDesign and respond affirmatively when asked if you want to reset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you I will try this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I did what you recommended. I'm not sure it totally fixed my issues. While the issue I mentioned is not happening anymore, now I have a new one. I have been working on layouts that have a required set of colors and so one of the first things I do is load the color palette when I work on a new document. Up until today, the palette loaded in a certain (preferred) order with the most used colors first. Now suddenly today the palette loads in the complete opposite order with the most used color at the bottom of the list. Very frustrating when I go to look for the color and it's at the bottom. Any clue why that might now be happening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nevermind, it was user error. GAH! I was loading by clicking on the templated document rather than loading the swatch file (.ase). I'm not sure why I spaced on that. Glad the swatches are normal now! HA!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines