• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Insufficient disk space?

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new computer  a laptop HP which came with low disc space? So, I a purchase a external hard drive with lots of space!  Yet when I want to download adobe premiere Pro Installer exe. software it keeps stopping and above error window come up 3 minutes into the download? Install location will not let me change default C:/ to D:/

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No you should not do that:

Programs belong on the C drive.

MIght have worked if the drive was an internal one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, someone said I could reconfigure my c:/ Drive as my d:/ Drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just FYI--You can reconfigure an install for a hard drive other than C: drive--but there are some issues with regard to some systems files. You can expect increased instability, errors and other issues. There are also issues with some plugins and application updates as well. To avoid the headaches...I would stick with C: drive as your primary install. If there isn't enough room--I would clear out enough room. Any drive connected to your computer that is full or near full can cause a lot of issues across a lot of programs and OS functionality. If you are having issues with an existing install and still getting consistent install errors..try using the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool here: Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems Anyways, either way--good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok!, thanks, I can install smaller video editing software, but none are to

my liking? I have a bigger server but it os is xp?

On Jul 21, 2017 2:44 PM, "Kristian Gabriel" <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not just replace the internal hard drive with a larger one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How hard would that be?, it's, a new laptop HP?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2017 Jul 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or do some housecleaning on the laptop.

How large is the c drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Ann, This PC(C:) 27.6 GB used out of 29.1GB

My Passport (D;) 50.7 GB used out of 931GB?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wrote

How hard would that be?, it's, a new laptop HP?

What model?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for this info being so late, I had to work no computer?

Hp Desktop-A75E87A

Intel(R) Celeron(R)CPU N3050@1.60GHZ

2.00GM (1.86 GB usable)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2017 Jul 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hate to burst your bubble but you cannot use your laptop for Premiere, even if you had the diskspace.

Way too underpowered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I want to thank-you for that Information, I did not know that my New HP

computer could not be adequate for the $59 software? I am not that good on

computers thought that cloud based you would need such a big fast

computer? I just wanted to edit my video? other software like Filmora and

FXHit both fit on my computer but was not happy with their features one was

too dark background for editing the other you could not adjust the sound

track?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is a mis conception. Software is downloaded from the cloud but installed local on your machine.

I doubt if Premiere Elements will even run on you laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, your are 100% correct!, I am a senior, most computer savey younger

crowd already know this and I am sure more, when I purchased the computer I

had no need for video editing software! , have others do that will be

expensive?

No matter how old you get you are learning something new! Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

johnp82356300  wrote

have others do that will be

expensive?

It depends on:

What is expensive?

Who will do it?

What needs to be done?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, for the info!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has nothing to do with being a senior (as I am too) or not.

It depends on where your interest lies.

We have a computer expert in the Hardware Forum who is well in his senior years and very knowledgeable.

Edit typo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Ann Bens stated, the latest version of Premiere Elements (the cheaper, consumer version of Premiere), Premiere Elements 15, will not run at all on your laptop because it requires 4GB or more RAM just to even work at all.

What's more, you will not be able to install even the last version of Premiere Elements that works with only 2GB of system RAM, Premiere Elements 14, because that program requires 5GB or more free disk space (don't confuse this with total disk space) on your C: drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You failed to read the minimum system requirements for Premiere Pro on a section of the product's Web site. That laptop's Celeron N3050 is barely the equivalent in performance to a low-end, 10-year-old Core 2 Duo CPU to begin with. And the latest versions of Premiere Pro require 8GB or more system RAM just to even run at all, even if your system's C: drive had sufficient space. 2GB total system RAM is woefully insufficient to run any recent version of Premiere Pro from CS5 onwards. And what's worse is that your system has absolutely no provision at all whatsoever to add more RAM: It has absolutely no SODIMM slots at all, and its 2GB of RAM is permanently soldered onto its motherboard.

And even after all that I stated, that laptop's display is only 1366 x 768 -- and the 768-pixel vertical resolution does not meet the 800-pixel minimum vertical resolution requirement to run Premiere Pro properly. And what happens there would have been that critical portions of the Premiere Pro interface, such as the "Export" and "Add to queue" buttons, become "permanently" hidden and unrecoverable on such a low-rez display because the windows cannot be resized to any smaller than the default size. Thus, even if you could run Premiere, you might be unable to perform any tasks whatsoever within Premiere due to this low-rez display.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, a few reservations:

- Premiere Pro CS5 formal minimum RAM is 2GB. It may be sufficient for a few minutes dual video/audio tracks projects or similar.

- I have a laptop with a 1366X768 display and there is no problem to run all versions including 2017.1.2. The program knows to adapt.

- I have used Premiere Pro CS5 for short and simple projects on an old Core 2 Duo E7500 CPU (similar in performance to the Celeron N3050) with no problems (although it had 4GB RAM).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines