• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Strips introduced by Lightroom 6.1

Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 2-3 Images were Stripes appear when cuting Blue illumination. I tried the same with Photoshop and no Stripes appear. Also the Image does not contain any visable stripes at any Gamma setting. Although I have to say that the Image was composed with AutoPano.

Edit: I just checked and the stripes are also introduced when viewing the original RAW camera files, but are not visible when opening them in Photoshop.

IMG_2082_to_IMG_2086-2.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 05, 2017 Aug 05, 2017

Hey. I just tried to edit the RAW file in PS very heavily and it is a problem with my Canon EOS M3. I also edited sample JPEG from dpreview.com from an EOS M3 and found similar stripes. although they were not so pronounced.

IMG_2086.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps you've cut the blue illumination or saturation or luminance or whatever a little too aggressively.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, lots of evenly spaced white vertical stripes in those clouds.

Can you link us to an example raw file? (You may need to use a sharing site like Dropbox.com or the like.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sry for the long wait. I've been back in the mountains again.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjCxCzonO81lhq10sslICsNTNWF71g

This is th original RAW file. (from one part of the image)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After importing the CR2 file, I played with the camera calibration panel, tested with the GPU on and off, and in general I just played with the adjustment settings. Unfortunately, I cannot repro the problem in LR 2015.12 on my Win10 box.

The image from the OP looks like a pano. If it is, do the separate images show the problem?

OK, now playing with the b&w panel, moving the blue slider all the way to -100 shows the evenly-spaced white stripes.

Moving the aqua slider to +100 enhances the stripes more.

Trying a few other raw converters

ACDsee - convert to b&w, blue -100, purple -100, shows each stripe as two parallel lines instead of as a stripe.

PaintShop Pro x9 - Same as ACDsee but takes a bit more effort to see it.

From what I can tell using 3 separate raw converters, these stripes/lines are actually in the raw file. This could be a hardware problem on the Canon camera or maybe a software problem in the firmware. As a Nikon user, I don't know enough about the Canon DSLRs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2017 Aug 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey. I just tried to edit the RAW file in PS very heavily and it is a problem with my Canon EOS M3. I also edited sample JPEG from dpreview.com from an EOS M3 and found similar stripes. although they were not so pronounced.

IMG_2086.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines