Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slide not pausing with button upon revisit

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

I have a slide with a video that will pause to reveal a multiple choice questionnaire. The pause is initiated by a button which appears at a given time. Upon click, the button evaluates which of the choices (represented by buttons) have been clicked. The play head then advances after validation finds the correct combination of buttons is pressed.

Upon revisiting the page, all of the objects will appear and vanish with their assigned animations, however the page will not pause.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to give more details. Which version are you using? Is the video inserted as MultiSynchronized video? Can you post a screenshot of the advanced actions you are using? A screenshot of the timeline would help as well. Since it is on revisit, that means that you didn't reset the original situation with the On Enter event of the slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Lily,

My version is 9.0.2.437

The video is MultiSynched. Following are the advanced actions and timeline respectively.

Screenshot (2).png

Screenshot (3).png

Screenshot (1).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see only part of the timeline, don't even see where the pausing occurs. This article could be useful:

Pausing Captivate's Timeline - Captivate blog

.Moreover, do you not know how to use the Preview button in the Advanced Actions dialog box? It is the first button in the control panel top right, will show you the complete conditional action. Difficult to read if you only post screenshots of the whole app window. I cannot understand that action without full explanation.

I suspect this action is triggered by a Success event of a button? Do you use the On Enter event of the slide to reset all the variables, and hide what should be hidden?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops, Sorry for the bad non informative screen caps.

I do not know how to use preview button in advanced actions. Having trouble finding the control panel.

I will read over the link you sent.

Where can I find the "On Enter" option for the slide?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I described all functionality of the 2017 Advanced Actions dialog box. There are some differences, but you'll find the description of that control panel:

Advanced Actions Dialog box in Captivate 2017 - Captivate blog

As for the On Enter Slide event: look in the Properties panel of the Slide, tab Actions. All events for actions are listed in this article:

Events and (advanced) Actions - Captivate blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources