Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"autocorrection" with creative suite

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

When I first began learning Photoshop over a decade ago, there was this golden procedure for formatting images, particularly black and white images, by using auto-correction. I was too young to pursue these skills professionally but I'd like to think I can still find a benefit to this with the Creative Suite applications I am using today.

However, many things have changed in Photoshop. When I use "AutoTone," in replace of, whichever name it used to have- there are no noticeable differences in the image! Is it because the qualify of my originals are too large? Is it because I'm already set at a GrayScale? Is it not being a physical copy? I am curious to know if there is a balanced way of editing an image more dramatically, such as "curves". In other words, I could have forgotten the entire purpose of this action so if anyone would like to explain the functions of auto-correction then that would answer my question. 

All the "creative" devices- clone-patch, brushes appear to be the same, whereas more practical commands are designed differently. Hopefully this will give me a better starting point!

Joe

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you want to use auto toning tools, then try something like Google's free NIK Collection.  It is actually really very good, and its B&W toning tool Silver Efex Pro 2 is possibly the best tool of it's kind bar none

And like I said, it's free

Google Nik Collection

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines