• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I recover an earlier version of an autorecovery in Audition 5.0?

Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi...

I just tried to restart audition after a hard reboot, and it gave me an error that it couldn't access my recovery files because they were incomplete or corrupt or whatever.  I'd had several audio files open and a couple of sesx files.  I'd like to be able to recover the lot, if possible, but as far as I've been able to find out Audition only keeps the most-recent recovery file (i.e.: the corrupt/incomplete one), and I might be SOL in that regard.

Audition 5.0 has stored about a hundred 4GB files on this computer (all titled something along the lines of: Audition5Tempxxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx) in the specified Disk Cache location.  I have no idea what format these temp files are in; they are simply of type "file" according to the OS.  It starts a new one whenever I launch Audition.  I've tried various things where I delete or restore or rename the most recent ones to see if I can trick Adobe into default to an earlier session, but no luck.  So I have a couple of questions:

1) It there a way I can tell Audition to open one of these Audition5Temp* files, or is it impossible to reconstruct a session from the saved disk cache file?

2) Is there some other place it stores the actual information about recovered sessions associated with these earlier Audition5Temp* files that allows Audition to parse them and recover an earlier session?  What are the chances there'd be earlier versions, as there are to the Audition5Temp* files in the cache?

2) Should Audition be using up 400GB of my hard drive space if these files are unusable/inaccessible/unparseable?  Is there any conceivable reason I shouldn't just dump the lot since the autorecovery has decided to fail, and even if it were fully functional it wouldn't need the previous 99 files?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 22, 2017 Jul 22, 2017

1) It's not possible to open these temporary files as far as I know.

2) The recovery file info is only stored temporally after a crash and won't survive a reboot of the system. However there may be some info about the crash in Audition's log files in the Audition Settings Folder. Normally there is a log file for the current session and the one previous one.

3) No Audition should not be using up 400GB of temp file storage space. It should tidy up after itself when the programme is closed. So I woul

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 22, 2017 Jul 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1) It's not possible to open these temporary files as far as I know.

2) The recovery file info is only stored temporally after a crash and won't survive a reboot of the system. However there may be some info about the crash in Audition's log files in the Audition Settings Folder. Normally there is a log file for the current session and the one previous one.

3) No Audition should not be using up 400GB of temp file storage space. It should tidy up after itself when the programme is closed. So I would delete them all and free up the space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines