• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why BitTorrent Sites Are a Malware Cesspool (even for Macs)

Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great write up since the malware is usually found in pirated apps like Photoshop and key generators. This article goes into detail as to why it isn't BitTorrent's fault, but what is downloaded using the service. I'm hoping this helps forum members get a good overview of how this all works. I'm just seeing a more than a few cases of posters having problems with Photoshop and it turns out they are asking us to help them fix the problems caught by using modified .dlls to cheat the trial software.

Why BitTorrent Sites Are a Malware Cesspool | The Mac Security Blog

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's cheaper to hire people that make | seed malware to a bittorrent than it is to police people downloading torrents... that is the nice thing about capitalism, what ever works (which you can get away with) is good for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2017 Jul 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2017 Jul 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have always wondered if it was the damage done by cracked Photoshop versions, that drove the creation of the Cleaning Tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines