5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 2, 2017 11:44 PM by Pamela 28

Over or Underexposure?

keethjon Level 1

Hello,

I just had my first couple of images rejected for over/underexposure issues. Somehow I cant see a serious problem with the attached picture. Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Keith

• 1. Re: Over or Underexposure?
          Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

It's to small to really have a good look at it, but I would guess the buildings in the bottom (particularly the left side) might be under a bit. It does seem quite dark. But, again, this is a tiny little thumbnail, so it's hard to tell.

• 2. Re: Over or Underexposure?
            keethjon Level 1

OK, well here is the full size image. They did not specify whether it is over or under exposed.

IMG_6079.jpg

• 3. Re: Over or Underexposure?
              Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I don't see any exposure problems there.

Maybe they hit the wrong button and it's supposed to be something else. The only issues I can think of are intellectual property violations with the architecture (some high-rises have rules against selling images of their buildings).

• 4. Re: Over or Underexposure?
                ricky336 Level 2

Well, perhaps one could argue the photo is a bit flat, so maybe bring some brightness into it. To me, overall it looks a little underexposed, so you could increase the exposure just a little bit, make the picture a bit brighter and try submitting again.

• 5. Re: Over or Underexposure?
                  Pamela 28 Level 1

Personally what I would do is isolate the buildings from the sky, brighten and up the contrast on the buildings a little. Too much and it'll look weird. Then inverse the selection and reduce the exposure on the sky just enough to bring back a little more texture in the clouds. Happens to me a lot, the sky is too bright and I lose contrast / detail in the darker areas.

Love the photo though.