Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What I See Isn't What I Get

Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2017 Jul 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, everyone.

I've been using Premiere for a while now, and never had any problems beside it eating all my CPU. However, today, I encountered a bizarre situation:

This is a screenshot of a video that I am trying to edit because its color is badly washed (everything should be rich deep gold):

0.JPG

And after I applied these effects:

1.1.JPG

The Program playback looks like this:

1.JPG

But when I actually exported the video, it still looks pale:

2.JPG

What is wrong, please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 23, 2017 Jul 23, 2017

Thanks to You all. But I figured that using uncompressed quicktime gives me the desirable result.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Results depend on export settings and the player you are using.

Post a screenshot of your export settings with left tab to output and with an image.

Which player?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have viewed it in Windows Media Player and VLC, and my android phone;

The export something looks like this:

O.JPG

Thanks for helping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere actually does grade you-get-what-you-see in sRGB if your monitor is also calibrated sRGB. premiere will ignore any other color profiles. quicktime is not sRGB(0-255 gamma 2.2). quicktime(depending on the version), RGB values are 16-235 with various gamma styles like 1.8 or 2.4.

Furthermore, if you colorgrade in Premiere and your monitor is not sRGB, you will get incorrect grades because you are grading in the wrong native color profile. VLC can match premiere perfectly if you set its video output to OpenGL. Also, nvidia control panel needs to be set to 0-255 so that your gfx card doesn't change your RGB values in media playback.

Also,

external displays are still limited by adobe's mercury transmit protocol that is hard coded to rec. 709 so you'll need to match that too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 23, 2017 Jul 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want a WYSIWYG scenario, you have to set things up properly.

That means an I/O device like the T-Tap from AJA or the Intensity from Blackmagic, and connected to that a properly calibrated TV.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2017 Jul 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks to You all. But I figured that using uncompressed quicktime gives me the desirable result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines