• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing a button after it has been copied to multiple pages

Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2017 Jul 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've copied a set of menu buttons across a 600-page PDF. Now I need to change one button to jump to different page. (I did not use destinations… that's another story.)

Is there a way to do this? Or is there a way to delete the button from all pages and then create a new one? The button does have a unique name, but I don't know how to say "find and delete all copies of [name]".

Any help would be much appreciated.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

It seems that fields with the same name can still have different actions... Weird.

Anyway, to fix it you can do the following: Delete all fields with the same name using this code:

this.removeField("FieldName");

(Maybe rename the first field, so it's not deleted and you don't need to re-create it)

Then duplicate the newly edited field to the rest of the pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the buttons have the same name (which they should, if they are copies of each other and are supposed to do the exact same thing), then there's no need to delete the other copies. Just edit the first one, and the rest will be edited automatically with it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is what I had hoped, but it is not working like that. I update one, but the others remain unchanged.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do they all have the same name? How did you create/duplicate them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They all have the same name. I created the first one, then used "Duplicate Across Pages." On some pages, I changed the button's icon (under Options), depending on whether I wanted it to appear "selected" or not. I did not change the name, nor the page linked to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that fields with the same name can still have different actions... Weird.

Anyway, to fix it you can do the following: Delete all fields with the same name using this code:

this.removeField("FieldName");

(Maybe rename the first field, so it's not deleted and you don't need to re-create it)

Then duplicate the newly edited field to the rest of the pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, this sounds very helpful. I am familiar with Javascript but not with using it within Acrobat. Where do I go to enter the code?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked perfectly! Thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines