• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Converting Wordpress site to Iphone / Android app?

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2017 Jul 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a website that I've made in wordpress and bought a theme for it. I'm wanting to make the site into a Iphone and Android app so it's easily accessible on clients phones. I have done tons of research but cant seem to find the answer I'm looking for. Any suggestions or tutorials that could lead me in the right direction? Which Adobe program would I use to import and convert the site? Thank you in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 23, 2017 Jul 23, 2017

Simple answer you cannot convert a wordpress site to a mobile app, they are two entirely different things.

Even though you could use your wordpress theme as a starting point for the app layout, it would have to be a responsive theme. Then there is the problem of your wordpress sites data, which is stored on your hosting server.

You could create a server driven data app using your servers php/mysql as the data source, but your user would have to be on-line to see anything, so at least some of your

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried Convert your Wix, Weebly Website into an Android, iPhone App for Free

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Simple answer you cannot convert a wordpress site to a mobile app, they are two entirely different things.

Even though you could use your wordpress theme as a starting point for the app layout, it would have to be a responsive theme. Then there is the problem of your wordpress sites data, which is stored on your hosting server.

You could create a server driven data app using your servers php/mysql as the data source, but your user would have to be on-line to see anything, so at least some of your server data would have to be made into off-line data, which is also possible.

The easiest way though is to start from scratch and use a code base such as Phonegap, another possibility, though i have not used it myself would be to look at the Adobe experiance design project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines