• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Iconized palettes don't respond to clicks (CC 2017/Mac)

Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2017 Jul 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Palettes in iconized state stopped responding to mouse clicks (see screenshot).

I have to either expand them all, or detach a panel from the group to be able to use them.

I did a brief search and it looks like other users also have this issue - but I didn't find any solution.

I didn't have this problem in previous InDesign versions.

Any ideas?

Thanks for any help,

Leo

palettes.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You can try if cleaning cache and preferences help..

1. Close InDesign

2. Clean cache and preferencesTroubleshooting 101: Replace, or "trash" your InDesign preferences

3. Restart InDesign

Also, ensure that you do not have any other application like (Chrome, Mozilla) etc opened when you restart InDesign.

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Aman,

But unfortunately I don't have much positive to report back.

I tried both methods - manually remove data files, as well as with the keystroke combo on launch.

As a result I experience total mess which I'm not even sure how to describe.

If I create my own empty workspace, some palettes just don't show up when I select them from the Window menu: for example, Info and Links (the ones that I need most, of course). Some other do show up.

If I try to select a pre-defined workspace, the result is unpredictable: some workspaces do show up, and with others InDesign just blinks and doesn't show any palettes.

When I do manage to show a workspace, some iconized palette groups respond to mouse clicks - but some don't. The rightmost palette group never respond to mouse clicks.

For many years of working with InDesign never saw anything like this.

Cheers,

Leo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:

I quit InDesign and reinstated the original "InDesign Defaults" file - the one I had before running the "cleanup" routines.

Now the palettes that came up do respond to mouse clicks in their iconized state. These are the palettes I need - and I don't push my luck any further lol.

At this point I'm not going to check if other workspaces work as expected out of fear that whatever I have now will stop working again.

Thanks,

Leo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Leo

Have the same problem, has nothing to do with prefs. I can load Indesign from a fresh Mac cold start and this happens, if I quit and relaunch Indesign they start working again. It's sporadic.

I've noticed when this happens, if I 'undock' my collapsed palettes from the side of the screen they respond again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks JointyJr,

I submitted this issue as a bug.

Leo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines