• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sound in Button has added "noise" at end.

Explorer ,
Jul 23, 2017 Jul 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have a sound formatted as a .wav placed inside a button so that when you click on the button it plays the sound. Works ok but there's a noise at the end of the sound much like a short burst of white noise. Not sure why it's there. Tried deleting the metadata and also mp3 format but the noise at the end it still there. It's not there if I just place the sound on the main timeline.

Any suggestions?

thanks,

George.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this an AS3 or Canvas document? If canvas, can you hear the noise in the exported MP3 file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ClayUUID,

it's a Canvas document and you can't hear any noise if the sound file is on the main timeline or when it's exported from Premier Pro.

There's nothing in the waveform. I had a similar problem once in Flash if I recall correctly and it could be fixed by putting a key frame directly after the last frame of the waveform but not sure what is happening here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tested in multiple browsers? Some play MP3s better than others.

There is no reason why it should make any difference which timeline the sound is on. The published code is exactly the same no matter what-- a call to a generic play sound function

Are there any other sounds in the movie? Maybe part of one is getting played by mistake.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tested in 3 browsers just now and all the same. It's nothing inherent in the file, just the way I have embedded it. There are no other sounds in the movie. Maybe I should have a look at the code? What file would I look in, the javascript file? Not a guru on code but maybe that's where the answer lies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I took the .mp3 file into Adobe Audition and cleared all the metadata that way and set to 16bit 44.1Khz.

I think the deciding factor might have been the format settings had too high a frequency.

In any case the file now plays correctly in the button setting.

thanks for your help Clay UUID, you might not have answered the question but you steered me in the right direction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines