4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 24, 2017 10:18 PM by milmat72

How to import 32k+/large amount of pictures in Photoshop Elements 15?

milmat72 Level 1

Hi,

I'm trying to import whole my photo gallery which consist from over 32k photos organized in the hundreds sub-directories. If I clicked onto the main directory and start to import, the import after hours is stopped and the application doesn't respond. I'm trying a workaround where I start to import all, but manually interrupt the import after 10k+ photos. It seems to be working, but I'd expect the application should be able to do it at once and not to frozen. Thanks for the help! Milos !

• 1. Re: How to import 32k+/large amount of pictures in Photoshop Elements 15?
          MichelBParis Adobe Community Professional & MVP

milmat72  wrote

Hi,

I'm trying to import whole my photo gallery which consist from over 32k photos organized in the hundreds sub-directories. If I clicked onto the main directory and start to import, the import after hours is stopped and the application doesn't respond. I'm trying a workaround where I start to import all, but manually interrupt the import after 10k+ photos. It seems to be working, but I'd expect the application should be able to do it at once and not to frozen. Thanks for the help! Milos !

You should not have that issue even with much bigger catalogs. It looks like you are facing a hardware capacity problem: RAM or disk space, or non optimized scratch disks settings.

It would be helpful to know more about your system specs (menu Help >> System info, you can paste a copy here).

You can import sequentially by different batches. You select a high level directory and import all its contents, including all its subfolders, then another etc.

• 2. Re: How to import 32k+/large amount of pictures in Photoshop Elements 15?
            milmat72 Level 1

Hi Michael,

there is my system's information:

Elements Organizer 15.0.0.0

Verze jádra: 15.0 (20160905.m.97630)

Jazyková verze: 15.0 (20160905.m.97630)

Aktuální katalog:

Název katalogu: Můj katalog

Umístění katalogu: C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Elements Organizer\Catalogs\Můj katalog\

Velikost katalogu: 68MB

Velikost vyrovnávací paměti katalogu: 595MB

Systém:

Název operačního systému: Windows 10

Verze operačního systému: 10.0

Systémová architektura: AMD Procesor Řada:15 Model:1 Krokování:2 s MMX, SSE Integer, SSE FP, SSE2

Vestavěná paměť: 8GB

Volná paměť: 1,2GB

• 3. Re: How to import 32k+/large amount of pictures in Photoshop Elements 15?
              milmat72 Level 1

Hi Michael,

it seems to be another issue than the large amount of the photos. The application has frozen when analyzing a video file in .mts format. Is it possible to automatically skip *.mts files? This could be video from Sony camera.

• 4. Re: How to import 32k+/large amount of pictures in Photoshop Elements 15?
                milmat72 Level 1

I did more investigation and I found out: Photoshop Elements 15 Can't Show .mts video files , where is recommended to install Haali Media Splitter. The media add performed without the issue after installation of it. IMHO there is a bug, which caused the application frozen when media in mts format were found. I assume that it is may be connected with the missing codec. Can Adobe to check it and repair?

1 person found this helpful