3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 24, 2017 9:10 AM by try67

How do you edit a component of a signature line?

chrystinp Level 1

Acrobat 10 digital signature has the e-mail address embedded.  I want to change that aspect of a new digital signature, but cannot locate where that particular item is edited.

• 1. Re: How do you edit a component of a signature line?
          try67 MVP & Adobe Community Professional

After clicking the signature field select the profile you want to use and then under the Appearance drop-down select "Create New Appearance...". Tick off the "Distinguished Name" box to remove the email address from the signature.

• 2. Re: How do you edit a component of a signature line?
            chrystinp Level 1

Hello, that is not what I wanted to do, so is not a correct answer.  Thank you for trying to help.

I finally found how to do this.  To change the distinguished name information you go to edit> preferences> identity

Then the only way I was able to modify the signature was to create a new one from WITHIN the document.  Even though I had created a new one independent of the document, it would not display as an option on the dropdown signature list.

Note that when creating a signature line Acrobat has a quirk that occurs when you are entering the password for the signature.  It will tell you that the password does not match, because the user cannot see the second password entry point.  You can either adjust the magnification of the document (per a forum post) or you can enter the password, then tab, then enter the password again "invisibly," then click finish and it will then accept the password.

• 3. Re: How do you edit a component of a signature line?
              try67 MVP & Adobe Community Professional

AFAIK, the two things are not related at all. You can have multiple signatures with multiple names, email addresses, etc., so it doesn't make sense that it will be connected to the Identity properties.

Also, the problem you're describing indicates that you have scaling issues. You can try solving it by going to Edit - Prefs. - General and selecting "Auto-Detect" under the "Scale for screen resolution" option.