• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"setup could not find Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 (x64) runtime on the machine. Without this, some application functionality will not work."

Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

During the installation of Acrobat Standard DC 2015, if a greater version of Visual C++ Runtime (ex 12.0.41) is installed the following error is generated: "setup could not find Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 (x64) runtime on the machine. Without this, some application functionality will not work."

Seems that the AcroPro.msi has a custom action "CheckVCx64Runtime" that checks if Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 (x64) runtime version 12.0.21005 is installed on the machine. If I include the IGNOREVCRT64=1 property in the installation command line in order to avoid this error, but on the machine is installed a different version of Visual C++ Runtime, not 12.0.21005, the full functionality will be affected using this solution?

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

The installer is looking for that particular version of the C++ Runtime.  It's the 64-bit version.  Is the version you have installed 64-bit or 32-bit?  

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is this for an enterprise installation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The installer is looking for that particular version of the C++ Runtime.  It's the 64-bit version.  Is the version you have installed 64-bit or 32-bit?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed a greater version 12.0.41 and it is a x64 version. I know that is looking for a particular version of C++ Runtime and that is 12.0.21005, but what i'm asking is if Acrobat works fine with a grater version of C++ Runtime? Because if i include the IGNOREVCRT64=1 I can skip the check and the app installs without error, but i want to be sure if the full functionality will be affected.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It "should" work as it's still within the same "12.x" versioning number, but I would recommend testing on at least one machine in your environment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines