This content has been marked as final. Show 4 replies
Good morning, rabo, and welcome to the community.
A few quick questions (I would get into the habit of including this information any time you post a message)
1. Which version of RoboHelp are you using?
2. Is the program and/ or the data fileset on a network drive (this is a no-no...)
and for this issue,
3. How do you open your projects - from the RH Starter? From Windows Explorer? Do you close the first project before you open the next one?
oh - and
4. Are the files deleted from your (hopefully local) hard drive as well? Or just from the project?
Thanks for the warm welcome.
To answer your questions:
1. I am using version 5 of Robohelp.
2. The program is running on my local machine.
3. I open my projects from the explorer and yes I close my projects before moving on to new ones
4. the files are deleted from the hard drive.
The other funny thing is that the files seem to move to another project
Sounds like your IT folks have set up an unfriendly environment: either some sort of "virtual terminal" (network in disguise) or an overly aggressive anti-virus program.
If so, you're in for a rocky road, in trying to get them to acknowledge the issue and consider alleviating it.
Oh, and was RH installed on your local machine, by you, and with administrator rights? If not, you should have RH removed by the original installer and then reinstall it yourself, with proper rights assigned.