• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scrolling issue in Preview Panes w/ m705 mouse

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a windows 7 enterprise system with adobe reader version 11.0.15. When using my Logitech m705 mouse, with all drivers installed and up to date, I am unable to scroll through a pdf document in the preview pane of windows explorer and outlook. Logitech of course was of no help at all unfortunately. Their response was, its your computer not the mouse. I don't have this issue when using the Logitech WIRED mouse as I can scroll thru a pdf document in preview panes without an issue. Please note, when I open a pdf in adobe reader, I have no problem scrolling thru an actual document, and that I CAN scroll thru Word, Excel, Powerpoint documents in the Windows Explorer and Outlook preview panes without issue. Is this a compatibility issue with adobe and Logitech? If so, how can it be fixed?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi adamr44762520,

Sorry for the delay in response.

I see that you are using an old version of the application. Please try to update the application to the latest version released.

As you are on Windows, to update launch the application and go to Help menu > Check for updates.

You may also refer this help document for more information on updates: Release Notes | Adobe Acrobat, Reader

Check if it makes any difference.

Also, for testing purpose try to disabling the protected mode in the application and check if it makes any difference or not.

Make sure you enable the protected mode after testing, as it is suggested to disable it for security reasons.

Let us know if the issue still persists.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as this is occuring on a work computer, I can not update the application.

In addition, what does disabling the the protected mode have to do with being able to scroll thru the preview pane? And, how would I diable the protected mode???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To disable the protected mode, launch the application and go to Edit menu > Preferences > Security(Enhanced).

Uncheck the box for "Enable the protected mode at startup" and click OK to save settings at bottom of that window.

Make sure you enable the protected mode after testing.

Also please let us know if is it an issue with all the PDFs that you view in Preview Pane and Outlook.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2017 Aug 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

removing protected view did not change anything. Still unable to scroll thru a pdf in a prview pane. Yesterday, my IT dept had updated my computer to the approved version of Adobe Acrobat XI 11.0.21 and Adobe Reader DC 2017.012.20095 per IT dept approved applications/programs,(Again, per IT these are the approved versions of programs and can NOT be updated!) I still have this issue in the preview pane. I have this problem now with any mouse I use. When I am previewing the PDF in the preview pane and I go to scroll through the pdf in the preview pane, what scrolls is the fole/folder list, NOT the PDF, if that helps. IT has said this is not the computer as all of the thousands of employees who have the same setup as me would have the same issue if it was the computer. IT has said this is an adobe issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines