• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Draw on iPad Pro stopped working

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working on a series of drawings in a project on my iPad Pro. For the past two weeks, I've consistently been working on drawings with layers (I'm creating a stop motion animation and drawing the art on here) and it has been running fine. After a while it started taking a while to fill color, like 30 seconds to fill a random part. The art isn't very detailed, it's a simple art style. Now it has gotten to the point where I cannot do anything in this document. When I zoom out, the screen doesn't budge until another 30 seconds or so. I cannot fill color, zoom in or out (the art also disappears while doing so), drawing lines is hard because they don't appear until a few seconds after, my layers panel doesn't display the art on that layer, and it just doesn't load anything. I don't know what happened.

Everything is updated, I barely have any files on my iPad, it was working a few days ago, I've restarted it, deleted programs, I deleted my other projects to see if maybe it was overloading, but it is still horrible. What could it be?

I have an art deadline and this has set me back, and stressing me tf out.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 30, 2017 Jul 30, 2017

Theresa.

Thanks for posting. The Draw team believes its discovered the cause for this lag and is working on a fix.

I'm going to email you (at the addy you use for the forums) about your upcoming drawing lab.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ronel.

I'm sorry this is happening.

And my apologies for taking so long to respond. This problem has popped up on occasion recently, so I wanted to check with one of our engineers before posting.

Although the style is simple, he suspects that the artwork has gotten quite complex after a series of paint bucket fills. He's asked if you can share your project with us so he can look at it to determine the underlying cause of the lagging/stalling.

If you'd like him to take a look at your work, please contact me through the in-app feedback:

Tap Settings then Send Feedback.

To share a link to your project:

* Sign in to https://assets.adobe.com/assets/mobile?filter=draw

* Select the project to share

* Click on Share/Send Link (in the upper right corner). From the pop-up menu that opens click on the toggle button that's next to Private. That will generate a link.

* Send that link to me.

I hope to hear from you.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the link.

[Deleted for Privacy]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I did it right. On my iPad I wasn't able to select "send feedback" it did nothing when I touched it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ronel.

Got it. I deleted the link from the post. It makes your work Public to anyone who has it.

If you don't have email set up on the device the Send Feedback link won't work. Could that be what happened? Not to worry though, I'll email you as soon as I hear back from our engineer.

Is there a specific drawing that I should direct him to?

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok.

There is that one of just the half man in the orange shirt; that was the whole document that was messing up and freezing. There are other layers on it, I don't know if you can access those though. The other drawings are from another document that works just fine.

Also my personal email isn't set up with the iPad, but my CC account is set up for the Adobe apps I have.

I wasn't trying to send anything to an email while creating the art, it was the Draw app that slowly corrupted up the document while I was working on it.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ronel.

Yep. Understood. I knew email had nothing to do with your Draw work. I just was wondering if that's why you couldn't Send Feedback. Which, it sounds like may have been the problem if you don't have email set up on that device.

I'll email you as soon as I hear something.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, right. haha I'm all over the place today.

Thanks though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Ronel.

I'm going to email you at your "sccomm..." email address in a couple of minutes, so keep an eye out for it.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just want to chime in here and say I have recently been experiencing the same issues. They come and go. I'm getting nervous though because I am teaching a big lab with 40 attendees at MAKEIT next week. Praying that my Draw and everyone else's works for the lab. Last night I shut down Draw, updated the Draw app, shut down my iPad and restarted everything. There was still a lag time when I first launched Draw after this, but once it got working it worked great for the next couple of hours. I have noticed that Draw runs the smoothest when all of my other apps are closed, but this isn't always the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 30, 2017 Jul 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Theresa.

Thanks for posting. The Draw team believes its discovered the cause for this lag and is working on a fix.

I'm going to email you (at the addy you use for the forums) about your upcoming drawing lab.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issues. i have one piece that i spent hours on that got super slow and was taking forever to fill in shapes. had the same issue with zooming in and out. it took ages. it wouldn't allow me to upload to illustrator, and it wouldn't save to creative cloud library. so after waiting forever and quitting the app a million times i deleted the app and re-downloaded it. and because of that i lost the file. so I've restarted the drawing and got further into it and the same problems occurred. this time i kept backing it up to the cloud throughout the process of making it so that once the problem occurred i wouldn't lose anything. but its next to impossible to work on because of the lag. when i leave this project and go to others, there is no problem. it works just fine until i get to this specific project. i have PLENTY of storage and my wifi is great. the files i see others make on bechance and stuff are much more detailed so I don't know why this is happening

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ethvz.

When it's a single drawing, there are usually complexities that aren't visible. They can have something to do with drawing style (extensive fills, a lot of layer merging, or repeated small strokes) or drawing content (such as hair).

Will you share this drawing with me through the in-app feedback (in the app tap the Settings icon in the lower nav, then Send Feedback)?

If you're okay with that, here's how to share it:

* Sign in to https://assets.adobe.com/assets/mobile?filter=draw

* Select the project to share

* Click on Share/Send Link (in the upper right corner). From the pop-up menu that opens click on the toggle button that's next to Private. * That will generate a link. Send that link to me.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[link removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ethvz.

I've mailed you at the email address you use for the forums.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2018 Oct 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having the same issue here. I tried to open my drawing for past two days but was unable to open it. I also needed to zoom in and out a lot which also took forever to load. I have plenty of storage but it is super lagging and not opening for this particular drawing I am doing right now. Could you please look over to this?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm sorry the app's not working correctly. This sounds like it may be an issue with a drawing that's become too complex for the app. A few questions/things I'd like you to check:

* Is this happening with every drawing you try to open/work on? Or one/some in particular?

* If it's one in particular, have you used a lot of paint-bucket-fills; excessive meticulous drawing (such as hair); frequent layer creation/merge?

* Do you frequently see the sync spinner? Sometimes the app can hang while syncing and it will cause a lot of problems with drawing functionality.

* Is your work still syncing to Creative Cloud? To check this, please sign in with your Adobe ID to https://assets2.adobe.com/assets/mobile?filter=draw and make sure that all the work you see on your device is represented there.

* Please check which version of Draw you're using (to do that tap the Settings icon in the lower nav then About Draw; the version number should be right at the top of the next screen).

Please let me know what you find and we can go from there. I may want you to contact me through the in-app feedback so I can see all of your device/app information.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2019 Jul 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working on a project on my iPad for the past week. Everything was working smoothly until past few days, when I would zoom out, the screen won't budge until 10 seconds or so. I cannot fill color, zoom in or out and there is a lag whenever I draw a line.

Today, when I opened my project, the project screen got stuck and has been showing me a loading sign for the past 4 hours. I am unable to access my project. What could be the issue?

Could someone look over to this?

Everything is updated and I generally don't use another app while working on the illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 04, 2019 Jul 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paulp0.

I just responded to your in-app feedback.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have been having problems with an unresponsive screen on my iPad Pro. It's only when using the adobe draw app. It's when zooming in and out, and also sometimes a delay when filling colour sections. How can I fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lucy.

This could be because a drawing is overly complex.

Is the stalling happening in every drawing you work on? Or is it happening only in one/some of them?

Also, please check that your work is synced/syncing; sign in with your Adobe ID to https://assets.adobe.com/mobilecreations and make sure that all of the work you see on your device is showing up there.

Let me know what you find and we can go from there. 

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2020 Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, the same thing is happening to one of my projects that has lots of small details. 

I am afraid it is not yet saved, and I am new to using the app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 07, 2020 Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amanda. 

Sorry the app is stalling. I have a couple of questions:

Is your drawing stuck in an open state? Or in a closed state? That is, are you seeing a blue spinner, or experiencing stalling, when you try to open the drawing or when you try to close it?

Also, when you sign in with your Adobe ID to https://assets.adobe.com/mobilecreations does the drawing show up there?

Please let me know and we can go from there. 

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a missing file from yesterday since the adobe draw app was discontinued, I can see it in the assets link but it doesnt have any content where as what I created was a whole sletch. Is there any way to get this back or am I screwed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 22, 2022 Jan 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Joe Brosnan

Illustrator Draw has reached the EOL. For more details, you may check out this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/mobile-apps/help/sketch-draw-end-of-support.html).

I would suggest you check out this video (https://bit.ly/3qfAz0Q). In this video, there are four methods to save your artwork, the first method will not work now, but you may try the rest three methods. If you are still unable to locate/ recover your files, then send me a DM. To send a DM, click my picture and use the message button.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines