• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does none of my "scribbling" in After Effects show up when I render my footage?

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I am fairly new to After Effects and I've been trying to follow a few tutorials online on how to make use of the "scribbling" effect on music videos. I followed this tutorial: Animated Music Video Scribble Effect in After Effects! (Tutorial / How to) (CC 2017) - YouTube

BUT I skipped the premier pro part because I don't have it yet (I will in a couple of hours)

So first of all I have been editing a 44 second video that I imported to AE, then I created a new layer and activated the brush and paint on the side bar and started "drawing" on the video frame by frame, (total brush strokes were 2192) - but its been very hard to work since its been very "laggy", choppy, slow and when I finally think I am done and I export it, none of my brush strokes show up on the video! Please help - I have spent the past 5 hours on this and I'd just like some answers at this point. I'll appreciate anything, thank you!

Is there any way I can save my work and then just add it on top of the video again as a layer? (I attached a picture of what I've been working with below, I'm sure I'm doing something wrong.. that could hopefully be fixed?)

Screen Shot 2017-07-25 at 01.57.52.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

you need to move your layer into the right place.

highlight the layer and press alt+Home to make it start at the first frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you need to move your layer into the right place.

highlight the layer and press alt+Home to make it start at the first frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

where does the layer need to be in order for it to render? i have the exact same problem and i don't find anything besides this post.

my life isn't saved yet ;-;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YOU HAVE OFFICIALLY SAVED MY LIFE AND MY PRECIOUS TIME.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saving lives is all in a day's work here at the forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi umm, my scribble effect is working as every layer I do a line it stays there while I'm trying to finish it on another frame so it just looks like a big line over the mv I'm doing how can I fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

isn't sorry T_T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines