Expand my Community achievements bar.

Introducing Adobe Audience Manager Implementation / Installation Guide

Employee

Introducing Adobe Audience Manager Implementation/Installation Guide.

Adobe Audience Manager implementation guides are your one stop shop for all your Adobe Audience Manager implementation needs.  From how to get started to final configurations – our guides aim to help you at every step of your Adobe Audience Manager implementation journey. Some handy links below:

• Discovery and Requirements: A handy checklist that ensures you have all answers from your stakeholders before embarking on an implementation.
    Click here to know more.

• Configuration and Implementation: A guide to address all your queries on how to successfully implement the DIL code & other data collection methods, and set up destinations.
    Click here to know more.

• Implementation Resources: A comprehensive guide that helps you through all other implementation processes. 
    Click here to know more.

• Post Implementation: A guide that details out how to ensure that you are enabled on the day-to-day operational tasks within Adobe Audience Manager.
    Click here to know more.

Hope you find these helpful! Let us know if we can help you in any way!

23 Replies

Level 10

Dear Readers,

We would encourage you to like the post to help us know the usefulness of the guide. We would recommend to suggest us more topics and help you better.

Help us help you!

Thanks,

Gaurang

Level 3

Hi,

In Configuration and Implementation the Server Side Forwarding link is not working.

Also the parameters available in Trait Creation based on SSF if very hard to find because for starters the information is included in the Analytics documentation and second, some link on that page are broken as well.

There's very little information on how to implement it in Mobile Services.
For example:

• what settings should be made to the mobile app's Data Source;
  • is SSF working on mobile services, if yes what settings should be made in the Mobile Services side.

Thank You,

Andrei

Employee

Hi andreis65119307/Andrei,

Thanks for sharing your valuable feedback and observations.

We are working on it now and enhancements will be available soon.

Your patience is appreciated.

Thanks

Puneet Aneja

Level 9

Hi Andrei,

For implementation on Android SDK, you can check this article : Implementing AAM for Android

Please check Audience Manager Configuration section for SSF in this doc, that will give you idea about mobile services settings.

Also, for that broken link, since enabling SSF has been changed, that is why the old link is not working. This should be the new link: Turn on Server-Side Forwarding

Thanks,

Varun Kalra

Level 3

Hi Varun,

Unfortunately the information is not very clear.

If I enable the SSF in Mobile Services do I need to enable it in the Analytics Report Suite settings as well?

1433393_pastedImage_0.png

On the SSF documentation, this link to be more precise Server-Side Forwarding Data and Code Reference , there are still broken links.

Also this particular parameter d_rs is confusing because here it said that could be used but in the AAM documentation is not recommended. Can I use it or not?

Thank You!

Level 9

Hi Andrei,

Earlier if you had SSF enabled on Tracking server level, you still used to enable Analytics Forwarding Option in Mobile Services.

Now, the SSF is not enabled on Tracking server level, it is on Report Suite level, and the option is given in UI, so it should be enabled in Adobe Analytics UI.

For more clarification and detailed steps, could you check on Mobile Services forum.

Thanks,

Varun Kalra

Level 3

Hi Varun,

Can you elaborate a little bit, it's not very clear: it should be enabled in the Mobile Service UI and not in AA, just in AA or in both?

If you have a link to a discussion in the Mobile Services forum I'll gladly take a look, I didn't find anything related to this.

Thank You!

P.S.: from my perspective this kind of information should be clear in the implementation documentation, it's not very professional to send the clients to look for it on forums where it may not be correct.

Level 9

Hi Andrei,

Apologies for the confusion, I meant to say it should be enabled in both places. Even I am not very sure on this part, please allow me some more time, I will get this confirmed.
Thanks for your feedback about the documentation, I will pass this on this to documentation team.

Thanks,

Varun Kalra

Employee

Hello,

I have a question regarding Audience Manager solution.

Q: Consider a user who goes through certain website for several days. Will AAM at this instance, collect different cookie IDs and create multiple    profiles of the same person or stitch all these cookie IDs to that particular person?

Answers are highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Neetha Basavaraj Tandur

Level 9

Hi Neetha,

Let's consider the user is using one browser say chrome and is not clearing cookies.

If the user goes to one website that has AAM implemented on it, then a device ID (AAM UUID) will be assigned to this user.

If the user goes to another different site, that too as AAM implemented on it, then the AAM UUID remains the same.

AAM will have the device ID profile for this user, and will save traits and segments for both AAM accounts as different objects under that Device ID.

But the the Marketing Cloud ID (MID) also known as Experience Cloud ID which is also a device ID, will be different for both partners because MID gets generated using Partner ID and the AAM UUID.

So, AAM UUID (Some Mathematical Function)* PID = MID

This MID is used across all other solutions in Experience Cloud.

Thanks,

Varun Kalra

Employee

Hi,

Can anyone help me with the below question:

Where should we place the "visitorSyncIdentifiers " code so that by placing the code we should be able to collect the information when the user logs in from a guest user to logged in user?

Thanks,

Pallavi

Level 9

Hi Pallavi,

Is this related to implementation on Mobile SDK ?

If it is related to Mobile SDK, then could you please ask about this on Mobile Services forum :
Adobe Experience Cloud Mobile

Thanks,

Varun Kalra

Employee

Hi Varun,

Yes, this is related to Mobile SDK.

I'll post it on the mentioned link.

Thanks,

Pallavi

Employee

Hello,

I have a question regarding DIL code,

In DIL code implementation, we have three ways to collect the page data and then send it to the Audience Manager.

1.     Send Data as Key-Value Pairs

2.     Send Data in an Object

3.     Send Page Data in an Array

Which way of data collection is most preferable? And why?

Thanks,

Neetha Tandur

Employee

Hi,

I have a question regarding campaign data.

Q.) How do we capture campaign data in Audience Manager?

Thanks,

Pallavi

Level 3

Hi,

If you have SSF enabled and store all the campaign data in the dedicated Analytics variable you can do it with a trait that looks for c_campaign values.

That will be the basic and for there you could adapt for all campaign channels.

Hope that helps!

Employee

Hi, Can someone help me understand what an Audience MarketPlace is?

Thanks,

Yogitha

Level 9

Hi Yogitha,

Audience Marketplace is an option in AAM UI to get 2nd and 3rd party data and also to share your data with other AAM users.

You can be a data subscriber and data provider both.

Once you subscribe to other's data feeds, you get those traits in your AAM instance.

If you want to share your data, you will have to choose which data sources you want to share. Then traits linked to those data sources will be available in marketplace.

Shared data feeds can be free or paid. Please check docs on data buyer and data seller in Audience Manager help.

Regards,

Varun Kalra

Level 3

It is a way for you to buy and sell audiences. It can be 2nd or 3rd party audiences. You can use them for analysis, modeling or activation.

Sent from my Phone

Employee

Hi,

I have a question regarding the multiple ID sync in AAM.

I wanted to know how a match table works and what method or algorithm it uses to sync the IDs.

Thanks,

Neetha Tandur