• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can you create a custom Text Animation and add it to Captivate 9 existing text animation list?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

In Captivate 9, you have the ability to select text animate, enter your text and select the animation behavior, such as flying in or sound of keyboard as you are typing, etc.

Just wondering , is it possible to create a custom Text Animation and add it to Captivate 9 present Text Animation selection?

Thank you for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

You could have the highlighter appear and move over the text with a motion effect, combined with the yellow shape appearing (with scale or alpha effects). It is much easier to control effects than animations.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bit off topic, but I would never recommend to use the Text Animation anymore. It is Flash based, and that means it will not be compatible with HTML5 output, not with responsive projects.

You can insert any animation using the Media button, flash animation or HTML5 animation. If you have a lot of those, you can keep them in a separate file, they will appear in the Library which you can open in any other project as an External Library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Point well taken. I did not think of the compatibility. Here is my problem. The user need to compare two e-files. Presently, they use a highlighter tool to indicate that the details spec file item matches the diagram parts file. I have to create a training that simulates that action. Presently, the user clicks over the area, and the video simulation displays the action without the user engaging in the action. I realize that is not a huge learning issue, but the customer wants it. I have search online, well as you can guess, no luck. 

A huge portion of the training entails this interaction.

So, any insight you might have would be most welcomed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't really understand. Text animations are not interactive, same as video. Can you explain more in detail what you want to achieve?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Below is an example. It is not the real files that I am working on. I can't share that. 

We receive information in a variety of forms from our clients. after we make changes to the diagrams, we have to valid the changes were made. We take the client list of changes and check them against the diagram. If the changes were made, we use a highlighter tool to mark the diagram and the list of changes.

Presently, I capture the process by using captivate 9 video recording. Captivate captures every step. I open the assessment recording and clean it up. When the learner gets to this point, all they can do is click over the area, and the video continues showing the area being highlighted. My client wants  the learner to get the full experience as if they are in real time highlighting the text or area. Hence, I thought if I can animate the text and coordinate the highlight tool in the time line, I can some what simulate that action.

I hope this makes sense.  Sorry for being long winded.changes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not use an effect?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you be more specific, please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could have the highlighter appear and move over the text with a motion effect, combined with the yellow shape appearing (with scale or alpha effects). It is much easier to control effects than animations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just thinking about what you just state. But I did not consider the alpha effect. That is a good idea.

I am going to give it a try and get back to you.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri,

Your idea worked great. Sorry for the delay.

Many thanks for your wonderful contributions. You are an asset.

Have a wonderful day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fine, thanks for trying that out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources