• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Suppressed modules Bugs

Engaged ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't get modules listed from here Enable other Liquid objects to render suppressed.

They keep rendering where they are placed as a string and from the loop of the suppression of the template.

An example the {tag_relatedproducts,4,true template="" collection="relatedProducts"}

it renders itself and the collection so in order to render just one I put the tag inside a dis with a class to hide it.

Thi should be looked after basically all the e-commerce tags none work for me.

TOPICS
Developer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Ricardo, I too have had similar issues. It took several months to figure out why this sometimes occurred and sometimes just worked as you posted above.

Firstly, my solution initially was to add template="" twice, which started to work wonderfully.

{tag_relatedproducts,4,true template="" collection="relatedProducts" template=""}

Another better solution was to place template="" after collection="":

{tag_relatedproducts collection="relatedProducts" template=""}

Use the above method, this is working on o

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ricardo, I too have had similar issues. It took several months to figure out why this sometimes occurred and sometimes just worked as you posted above.

Firstly, my solution initially was to add template="" twice, which started to work wonderfully.

{tag_relatedproducts,4,true template="" collection="relatedProducts" template=""}

Another better solution was to place template="" after collection="":

{tag_relatedproducts collection="relatedProducts" template=""}

Use the above method, this is working on our sites.

However, the true cause of template="" not working, at least in my case turned out to be rather bizarre indeed. As we are on Macs and use Coda as our text editor, we changed a setting that changes line endings to Mac Line Endings. Adobe BC requires as much as possible Windows Line Endings on the files. As I said, it was bizarre and only sometimes caused issues. To test the theory, edit the file that's not working directly from within BC and simply save the file, which converts everything to windows line endings. If it works then you know that you are experiencing the line endings bug.

I hope one of these solutions helps.

Let us know which works, if any, in your case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These should never be included in the documentation, and the document as Stephen has pointed out is not 100% either.

I been lobbying BC to remove the docs on this as it really should be an unsupported feature as they not intended to work through collections, its just a coincidence SOME do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Stephen thanks for the fix,

I normally use Dreamweaver on my Mac I guess it does a good formatting of the codes especially latest version.

Unfortunately these suppressed tags aren't something that should be like that it should be properly done so we can use it, as usual, no hacks involved, my hope is that BC would start listening to us a little.

Thanks again guys!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines