• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What should I do so that complete video inside the selected red area is visible after recording ?

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I performed screen recording using video demo mode of adobe captivate. I selected the area (in the red box) which I wanted to record but unfortunately when I saw the video after recording , it was not the complete area of video and only I could see merely 1/2 or 1/4th of the total red area only. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Did you change display setting before recording?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on Win10 perhaps? For Video Demo or for software simulation recording you have to check the Display %. It needs to be at 100% and on most screens Win10 will have increased that percentage, resulting in what you see after recording: only part of the screen is captured. Example: on Surface Pro 4 which I use at this moment, the default display % by Win10 is 200%, because it is a small retina screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using windows 10 and display is set at 100%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to insist,  but are you sure that Display setting is at 100%? Which screen resolution do you have, because up till now I never did see any screen where Win10 keeps Display at 100%. For normal screens it will be 125% or 150%, for retina screens even higher to make text and icons readable. My OS on this system is in Dutch, maybe you could check this

DisplayPerc.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

class2.cpvc 25-07-2017 23_14_37.png

see this is happening . only limited part of video , merely 1/4th.. red box is incomplete and as told by you I have set display settings to 100%, earlier it was 125%. what to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you change display setting before recording?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried to record again after changing display settings and now I can see the complete recording area. Thanks a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources