• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AMD Radeon Vega Frontier Edition support for Encoder and Premier Pro

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you guys have support in Encoder and Premier Pro for the new AMD Radeon Vega Frontier Edition? If not, any plans? Any benchmarks maybe?

I'd like to get this card but need to know the consequences.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rendering appears to work fine with the Vega Frontier Edition (I have the air cooled). But during display I am receiving a strong purple color shift (Vega FE Premiere CC display color off.jpg - Google Drive​ please note the horizontal and vertical flip is in the footage, not a side-effect). I've tested this on various 1080x60p formats and am still receiving the problem (though strangely not with <1080x60p). It wasn't an issue with my RX480. I did find if you hit CTRL-F12 on a PC, locate GF.DisableAcceleratedDisplay and set it to true then the color shift will go away. I've also tried installing updated codec packs. I've tested the other settings below but they don't remedy the situation like simply disabling GPU display does:

• ImporterMPEG.disable_MTC_hwdec
  • INTEL.ImporterMPEG.UseDiskAlignedPPix
  • GF.EnableMultipleGPUs
  • GF.RedGPUDebater
  • GPU.EnableGOPFormats
  • DVA_syncWindowEnablement
  • DS.ForceEnableVsync
  • GF.DisableAcceatedDisplay
  • DS.ForceCPUOnly
  • DS.disable_WGL_Intel_cl_sharing
  • DisableHighQualityAVCHDPlayback
  • DisableGPUMediaNode

This should still render with the GPU when appropriate, but it means during scrubbing and the like the rendering will be entirely on the CPU. I would love to see a solution to this other than a disable hack.

I should also mention when I had the Vega FE as my secondary card, video would not playback at all on it. I ended up just removing the other card anyway, but considering there's literally a setting called EnableMultipleGPUs I don't understand why this wouldn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply! Very helpful. But at the same time I want to ask ADOBE:

Adobe, when are you going to support the latest AMD Radeon Vega Frontier?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I am having this same issue and I did your fix, but it only fixes the main monitor, the video in my playback monitor is still screwed up. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tx man, fixed for the moment. Still waiting for proper drivers...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2017 Dec 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently updated my drivers (17.Q4.1) and found the problem went away. I'm running Premiere 11.1.2 build 22.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2017 Dec 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep, I just did the latest update and it seemed to fix a lot of my problems. I have done a lot with it yet,  but when I get a chance to put the card through its paces, I will update this post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines